Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help for members unable to log onto BFT
This link goes to a board that was set up just to help members regain access to BFT and their old usernames:
https://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/show...id=1094539

if you reset your password and didn't receive the reset password email, please contact us by clicking the link above.
We'll reset your password for you. Please include your username and the email you used to login with your inquiry.
 To add a signature post. Go to the forums and then at the top far left it says User CP- click on that"Your Profile”  box on the left says “add signature” 

In addition, you can send me a PM and I can help you as well.
Can you find out why we have to keep getting a new password?
I have easily had a dozen new passwords in just the last couple days, several of them set by Gobro admin and emailed to me. Gobro sent me a new password this morning after I email them last night that I was again getting the "mismatch error" when using the password they send me over the weekend.
Is there an OS and browser requirement that we all should know about?
As a side note on here now I fished the berry today and caught 21 fish, now I will see if post reply works!
(03-04-2020, 05:11 AM)talyn Wrote: Can you find out why we have to keep getting a new password?
I have easily had a dozen new passwords in just the last couple days, several of them set by Gobro admin and emailed to me. Gobro sent me a new password this morning after I email them last night that I was again getting the "mismatch error" when using the password they send me over the weekend.
As a side note on here now I fished the berry today and caught 21 fish, now I will see if post reply works!

Gobro is the guy that I'm getting my info from, so he is the one to contact about this but maybe I can help if you can answer this question. Do you log out of BFT each time you exit the site? Also, are you logging onto the forum side of the site or the home page side? If you have any more issues, I can reset your password but he knows way more about this new site than me. I do know some members are telling me that the site does not like Edge and some are having issues with Chrome, although I'm not having any issue with Chrome, last member told he Firefox worked best from him.
(03-04-2020, 05:11 AM)talyn Wrote: Can you find out why we have to keep getting a new password?

Gobro is the guy that I'm getting my info from, so he is the one to contact about this but maybe I can help if you can answer this question. Do you log out of BFT each time you exit the site? Also, are you logging onto the forum side of the site or the home page side? If you have any more issues, I can reset your password but he knows way more about this new site than me. I do know some members are telling me that the site does not like Edge and some are having issues with Chrome, although I'm not having any issue with Chrome, last member told he Firefox worked best from him.
(03-05-2020, 12:55 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

I am logging onto the forum side of the site and I logged out after I was able to get on Saturday afternoon. Yesterday morning the password Gobro sent did not work, but last night when I used the same password it did work. This same issue is noted in another post that i read last night by another user. I did not log-off last night and I was still logged in when I returned tonight.

I use Windows 10 with Edge or IE11 and Chrome on an Android phone. I provided this same info to Gobro. If these are unsupported configurations just make that clear. I see no difference in the three when logged in, although, my data set for logging in is very small! What is common in my experience; if logging in does not work on Edge it also does not work on IE11 or Chrome at that same time. But wait a couple of hours or a day or two that same password will work.
I'm not really sure about what OS is the best to use, I'm going off what others are telling me, not by anything else but one thing I do know that seems to work for me is that I never log out on BFT and since I've got on the new site I have had zero issues getting back in every day.