Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bear River
Ok,  a buddy was driving over the Bear River near Corrine and noticed a boat with a couple of fishermen.  He was wondering what species besides Catfish were in there and where the nearest access to launch would be !!
I've caught crappie and small bluegill just downriver at the old corinne bridge. The boat ramp is below the bridge you crossed, on the NW bank. Ok, I caught the crappie about 15 years ago, but they have been in the river since at least th 60's.
Upstream a few miles near Deweyville, Bass and trout has been caught by me. Near Corinne though, cats, carp, and crappie would be most likely.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
They could be after walleye this time of year... I've never learned the art of spring eyes on the Bear, but have heard rumors.... Later Jeff
(03-04-2020, 09:21 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: They could be after walleye this time of year... I've never learned the art of spring eyes on the Bear, but have heard rumors.... Later Jeff
I talked to a guy who new a guy that heard they are catching some realy nice ones up there, but its i guess its a big learning curve to get them.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(03-05-2020, 01:15 AM)MSM1970 Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 09:21 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: They could be after walleye this time of year... I've never learned the art of spring eyes on the Bear, but have heard rumors.... Later Jeff

I talked to a guy who new a guy that heard they are catching some realy nice ones up there, but its i guess its a big learning curve to get them.
I need to start that learning curve one year, instead I just keep wishing I knew how to do it... Well that and I'm in prime time ice fishing season and don't have time to miss a free day on the ice right now... but contest ends a week from Sunday so not much longer... Later Jeff