Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Ice/Slush conditions?
A few of us diehards are considering a trip to Strawberry this coming Tuesday.  I'd be interested in any recent reports concerning the ice and or slush conditions at the Berry.  Thanks in advance.

Mike
Mike, on Saturday there was none but the snow got a little melty and soft in the afternoon. Very little. You should have great conditions.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(03-09-2020, 12:02 AM)catchinon Wrote: Mike, on Saturday there was none but the snow got a little melty and soft in the afternoon. Very little. You should have great conditions.

Thanks Craig.  Are you interested in meeting us if we go?
Conditions were good on friday but that was before the storm.
A friend and I were also thinking of getting a last shot at Strawberry Ice Tuesday or Wednesday. If you decide to go shoot me a PM maybe we could hook up.
(03-09-2020, 12:25 PM)Fishhound Wrote: A friend and I were also thinking of getting a last shot at Strawberry Ice Tuesday or Wednesday. If you decide to go shoot me a PM maybe we could hook up.
It looks like we are going Tuesday (tomorrow).  We will park at the Bay marina lot and head out from there with snowmobiles.  My vehicle is a 2019 Ford F350, silver, with a matching shell.  There'll be three of us.

Mike
I parked at East Chicken Creek last week very easy access and you dont have to pay the 12 bucks . If you are on snowmobiles it's a very short ride anywhere want to fish .
(03-10-2020, 01:37 AM)Icejunkie2 Wrote: I parked at East Chicken Creek last week very easy access and you dont have to pay the 12 bucks . If you are on snowmobiles it's a very short ride anywhere want to fish .
Thanks for the tip.  We might give that a try in the morning.

Mike
(03-10-2020, 01:37 AM)Icejunkie2 Wrote: I parked at East Chicken Creek last week very easy access and you dont have to pay the 12 bucks . If you are on snowmobiles it's a very short ride anywhere want to fish .

I love heading out of there. I'm hoping for one last good trip this weekend.
(03-10-2020, 01:52 AM)TopH2O Wrote: [quote="Icejunkie2" pid='1095294' dateline='1583804237']
I parked at East Chicken Creek last week very easy access and you dont have to pay the 12 bucks . If you are on snowmobiles it's a very short ride anywhere want to fish .
Thanks for the tip.  We might give that a try in the morning.

Mike
I'd join you if I wasn't working graveyard shift tonight ,but good luck catching was a little slow last Wednesday.
Mike, I really wanted to go but we walked out over a mile there on Saturday and I was just pooped out. Hope you had a great time.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.