Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FG 3/7 - 3/9
Thumbs Up 
Well it turned out to be a great weekend at the gorge for weather, not so much for catching. No lakers for me this trip, seen tons again but none wanted what I was offering no matter how I presented it to them. It was great to see Jeff finally get a burb and a pup on the ice. I did get a couple burbs in camp but definitely nothing pic worthy. There was two good sized burbs caught in camp (30in & 26in) by Lawrence and Joe. The rain/hail/snow started in around 7am Sunday morning and that was enough to get us all up and packing out. The ice did deteriorate thru out the whole weekend. We had 15in everywhere I drilled all over south buckboard/big bend and there was only 2 ridges we had to go around to access other areas on the ice. The ice was getting very capsilated by the time we packed it up on Sunday. If the temps dont drop down a bit that ice is going to go fast. I seen to small bubbler type holes also heading out sunday. If your heading out here be safe and keep your eyes open for questionable areas. The roads going into the spot we parked off of road #8 were a mess. We got stuck for about 30min until another buddy came in and pulled us back out of the sticky clay mess. After that it was a very enjoyable ride home in the sun shine. we are all done with ice camping at the gorge for this year. Now for the Berry  Cool
Fun trip Matt, guess we picked the wrong spot again... Looks like Sean and Kent both did much better on their trips down to the big pond... Conditions couldn't have been much better though... It ended up a long day starting at 2:00 AM to run to the gorge by 7:00 ish start fishing and then back home by 11:30 PM that night... Strange thing was I didn't get tired until the day after I got back... Then I needed to sleep in on the day the clocks changed... bad timing there...  That first spot I was fishing had a bunch of fish first thing, but they sure disappeared after 9 and I didn't ever see an interested fish after that... Too bad I was soo busy setting up extra rods and didn't fish while the fish were there... I need to make me a reminder to pay attention if the fish are there... Maybe next time... Anyway thanks for letting me join the fun... Later Jeff
I re-did some of these pics and added a few more with a litel more expplantion.

Great sunrise on the way to the ice

[Image: bsuUEZHl.jpg]

Finally got everything unloaded and ready to fish

[Image: n6SJjnZl.jpg]

Someone was looking pretty comfy in his easy chair

[Image: jFlgy5Bl.jpg]

[Image: Wc17oScl.jpg]

[Image: dGSc8Zil.jpg]

Jeff had the ice berg rod holder going and it was a leggit 15" but that ice was deteriorating quick

[Image: QOs64CEl.jpg]

It was pretty warm when we got back to camp friday afternoon, pretty much t-shirt/tank top/no shirt kind of afternoon

[Image: rtXdjFvl.jpg]

Sky's cam did not like being plugged into a 12v power source when it requires 5v, that was a 1st on the ice. Sounded and looked like a 22 caliber flare going off. Hopefully he can get his Bay Runner mended to finish out the season at the Berry  ??? getting a replacement top is tough this time of year

[Image: GOZ9bA9l.jpg]

[Image: Zdlp9NYl.jpg]

[Image: 82jaTvwl.jpg]

[Image: 5Qz0pZIl.jpg]

[Image: ZFJe5psl.jpg]

The bubblers looked pretty cool with that green light glowing on the bottom

[Image: F6qHF1Vl.jpg]

[Image: 6qsi7yHl.jpg]

The moon was spectacular on Friday night. Didn't get much of a view of it on Saturday as the cloud cover kept it out of sight.

[Image: rZ6eGYOl.jpg]

Even with the cloud cover and light breeze Saturday the fire pit worked great for hanging out watching poles bounce from the burbs

[Image: J4ML2pxl.jpg]

[Image: g3nfUICl.jpg]

Then the drive out, man was it some sticky, slick stuff. Ryan unhooked his trailer and came back to give us a tug. It was only a 30 min delay but man I wish I would have left my boots on. All of our feet were soaked from stomping around in the snow and mud trying to get out in that little amount of time.

[Image: 7IGjUgdl.jpg]

[Image: DTo1Vb6l.jpg]

What another great trip to the gorge and a good weekend to call it quits up there
Ok Jeff, Joes going to try and make you famous with your 1st cameo appearance.

(03-11-2020, 06:40 PM)Muskyon46 Wrote: Ok Jeff, Joes going to try and make you famous with your 1st cameo appearance.

http://youtu.be/o6lhLrHC0XU

On no, evidence on how small my bubot really was... Fun trip, looks like you guys had some better fish after I left... Been a fun ice season, thanks for letting me join you guys on some fun trips...Later Jeff
(03-11-2020, 08:20 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 06:40 PM)Muskyon46 Wrote: Ok Jeff, Joes going to try and make you famous with your 1st cameo appearance.

http://youtu.be/o6lhLrHC0XU

On no, evidence on how small my bubot really was... Fun trip, looks like you guys had some better fish after I left... Been a fun ice season, thanks for letting me join you guys on some fun trips...Later Jeff

There was definelty smaller fish caught so no worries there. The fishing was a little better the 2nd night but we were in a lot better structure for them. To bad we didnt pick that spot 1st. I've heard a lot of screaming and yelling from that spot on more than 1 night when we've camped across the bay. We'll definely be back to camp on that spot again.