Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interesting day at the dmv
Went to the dmv today to register my float tubes. One new one and an older one. First thing the girl asked was what horsepower the motor is on the new one. Told her it is an electric Minkota trolling motor and no horse power rating but is rated 40lb thrust. She then informed me those motors cant be put on float tubes cause of their size. Had to show her a picture of it mounted on my tube to convincer her. Next question was what is the hull # on the new one . Told her you have not assigned any numbers to this tube yet. Theen she told me she couldnt help me and to have a seat and she would try and find someone to help me. I was just about to go batshit crazy when the woman at the station next to us asked if she could help. I asked her please do and 5 minutes later I was done with new registrations. I realize this girl was new but should have been better trained before she was put on the floor. At the very least have someone expierenced to help her. Oh well it all ended well. I will get off my soap box now. See ya on the water soon.
                                    lee
(03-10-2020, 12:15 AM)lee! Wrote: Went to the dmv today to register my float tubes. One new one and an older one. First thing the girl asked was what horsepower the motor is on the new one. Told her it is an electric Minkota trolling motor and no horse power rating but is rated 40lb thrust. She then informed me those motors cant be put on float tubes cause of their size. Had to show her a picture of it mounted on my tube to convincer her. Next question was what is the hull # on the new one . Told her you have not assigned any numbers to this tube yet. Theen she told me she couldnt help me and to have a seat and she would try and find someone to help me. I was just about to go batshit crazy when the woman at the station next to us asked if she could help. I asked her please do and 5 minutes later I was done with new registrations. I realize this girl was new but should have been better trained before she was put on the floor. At the very least have someone expierenced to help her. Oh well it all ended well. I will get off my soap box now. See ya on the water soon.
                                    lee

I guess it's better to ask the person if they have any experience registering float tubes in the future, I bet a lot of them don't have a clue, you were lucky the woman at the next station knew what was going on, maybe the first lady got some experience from her and can help the next guy trying to register thei float tube. Hey Lee did you change your mind about getting your old username back, I sent you a new password for it.
never got it sir. I will send you a pm right now
Its dumb that a float tube has to be registered.
i think so too but they never asked my opinion Big Grin
how much did they soak you ???
the old tube was 44.00 and the new one was 58.00. just glad to get it all taken care of Wink
Okay.  Now you can focus on fishing.  Reminds me of last year when my renewal rate went up about $30.  When I went to the DMV window I was told there was nothing she could do about it.  The rates were fixed by the state.  But the wonderful woman in the next window overheard, came over to the computer and checked...to find that they had arbitrarily classified my tube as a "motorized PWC".  And guess what.  They could and did do something about it. 

Too bad that we of the tubing persuasion are classified as second class citizens.  Even worse is having to pay to register our craft in the first place.  Our polluting electric motors gotta pay  the price I guess.
ya shame on us for all the pollution we create. never mind the bags of someone elses trash we bring home with us on most outings. oh well we will be smiling soon at our favorite waters Smile

just lookes at your avitar. I knew you were a star Pat. Wink