Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2020 Catfish Contest - Tin-Can
Jeff, sign me up again. Team North.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
[Image: 04-New-Bump-Board-with-Fuji-Camera.jpg] [Image: 05-48-inch-Rule-with-Fuji-Camera.jpg]

Cool
Well, I didn't get the big 36 incher I was hoping to "Poach" out of UL. But I did get one for the board......finally.
When I first layed her down on her side and pinched the tail, I got a solid 24". Then she flipped, spread her pect fins, and had to leave her on her belly. 
Best I could get was 23.5, but I'll take it as a starter.

25 April 2020

UL / Lindon / Bubble-Up on a worm.

23.5 Inch

[Image: 01-UL-23-5-inch.jpg]

Nice start Forest, good for 23.5.  Where's that nice bump board you built?

Cool
Way to go Forest. I was over at Lincoln Beach. I got there Friday afternoon. And fished with TD a little Saterday. You should have been with me. I got three 26 and one 26 1/2
Channel Cat
Utah Lake
17 May 2020
White Bass
24.5 inch

[Image: 03-UL-24-5-inch-17-May-2020.jpg]

Found it, good for 24.5 Points. 

Cool
Jeff, I see what you mean by the jumbled up posts. I'm oretty sure that was caused last weekend by me trying to get my second UL Cat posted. I can't clean it up, but I can give you a post here that has all the correct data. And if the site ever starts working the way it should, then maybe this won't happen again. Anyway, here goes:

My Cat Contest thread, Post #3, My first Cat from Utah Lake, caught 25 April, you scored on 28 April  23.5 inch.

My Cat Contest thread post #7,  Cat from Bear River BR, caught 26 April, I posted it as 23.5, you said it looked to be hanging off  the nose end and scored it on 28 Apr as 24.0 inch.  [font]I said Thanks, added it to the sheet as 24.0 and pressed on.[/font]

My Cat Contest thread post #9, the second Cat from UL caught last Sunday 18 May, that should bump the one above from post #3, is a solid 24.5 inch.  That should give me a grand total still of 2 Cats posted that can count, for a  total of 48.5 inches.

Cool
(05-20-2020, 07:31 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Jeff, I see what you mean by the jumbled up posts. I'm oretty sure that was caused last weekend by me trying to get my second UL Cat posted. I can't clean it up, but I can give you a post here that has all the correct data. And if the site ever starts working the way it should, then maybe this won't happen again. Anyway, here goes:

My Cat Contest thread, Post #3, My first Cat from Utah Lake, caught 25 April, you scored on 28 April  23.5 inch.

My Cat Contest thread post #7,  Cat from Bear River BR, caught 26 April, I posted it as 23.5, you said it looked to be hanging off  the nose end and scored it on 28 Apr as 24.0 inch.  I said Thanks, added it to the sheet as 24.0 and pressed on.

My Cat Contest thread post #9, the second Cat from UL caught last Sunday 18 May, that should bump the one above from post #3, is a solid 24.5 inch.  That should give me a grand total still of 2 Cats posted that can count, for a  total of 48.5 inches.

The Cat from my post #7, 26 April, is the one you bumped up a 1/2 inch. It got all jumbled up in the messed up threads.

Gonna try to post it again here, if this will let me make a reply:

Hey Forest, yes I am good with this cat at 24 points... Sorry my computer don't give me the green option... Later Jeff

[Image: 02-BRBR-24-0-inch-26-Apr-2020.jpg]

Cool
(05-18-2020, 11:53 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Channel Cat
Utah Lake
17 May 2020
White Bass
24.5 inch

[Image: 03-UL-24-5-inch-17-May-2020.jpg]

Found it, good for 24.5 Points. 

Thanks. Posted

Cool
(05-20-2020, 11:14 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 07:31 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Jeff, I see what you mean by the jumbled up posts. I'm oretty sure that was caused last weekend by me trying to get my second UL Cat posted. I can't clean it up, but I can give you a post here that has all the correct data. And if the site ever starts working the way it should, then maybe this won't happen again. Anyway, here goes:

My Cat Contest thread post #7,  Cat from Bear River BR, caught 26 April, I posted it as 23.5, you said it looked to be hanging off  the nose end and scored it on 28 Apr as 24.0 inch.  I said Thanks, added it to the sheet as 24.0 and pressed on.

The Cat from my post #7, 26 April, is the one you bumped up a 1/2 inch. It got all jumbled up in the messed up threads.

Gonna try to post it again here, if this will let me make a reply:

Hey Forest, yes I am good with this cat at 24 points... Sorry my computer don't give me the green option... Later Jeff

[Image: 02-BRBR-24-0-inch-26-Apr-2020.jpg]
 Thanks Jeff. Posted.

Cool
(05-31-2020, 10:27 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Well I filled my 3 fish bracket today. Not by much, but the river is making it pretty tough on lots of us, except maybe a couple in the top 4 of the Blue Team  Big Grin
This youngster just about posed, no flips or flops.  Wink 

Anyway:
31 May 2020
BRBR
On a worm

15.0 inch  (look at the bottom fin)

Cell phone camera
[Image: 04-BRBR-15-0-inch-31-May-2020.jpg]

Camera
[Image: DSCF0653.jpg]

Took 2 photos. 1 with my camera, one with my new cell phone. Wanted to see which one look the best.

Hey Forest both photos are great good for 15 points

POSTED

Cool
Well, didn't need to hang on to that 15 incher for long. 

5 June 2020

Willard Bay 

on a worm

20.5"     the tail tip just barrrrrrrrely does touch the 1/2" mark. 

Nice job Forest 20.5 points. 

[Image: 05-Willard-Bay-20-5-inch-5-Jun-2020.jpg]

Cool
(06-05-2020, 09:39 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Well, didn't need to hang on to that 15 incher for long. 

5 June 2020

Willard Bay 

on a worm

20.5"     the tail tip just barrrrrrrrely does touch the 1/2" mark. 

Nice job Forest 20.5 points. 

[Image: 05-Willard-Bay-20-5-inch-5-Jun-2020.jpg]

POSTED 20.5

Cool
Well as tough as Bear River Bird Refuge has been, decided to try a later afternoon, early evening. Only stayed about 2.5 hours and was about to pack it up and call it quits when one line started moving sideways and there was no wind. Resulted in a pretty solid bumper for me. 

BRBR

15 July 2020

on raw shrimp

25.0 inch   (2 photos same fish, didn't have my bump board. Was trying to be sure both end of tape were in the photo)

[Image: 07a.jpg]      [Image: 07-BRBR-15-July-2020-25-0-inch.jpg]

Ok good for 25 points

PENDING   

Cool
Bear River

16 July 2020

on raw shrimp

27.5 inch

John (Ahi1953) helped me try to hold this bad attitude boy, didn't notice my placard was not in photo.

PENDING

[Image: 09-BRBR-16-July-2020-27-5-inch.jpg]

About 25 minutes later, was starting to pack up.

BRBR
16 July 2020
on raw shrimp

28.5 inch (maybe)

But I got the placard in this one   Dodgy

[Image: 010-BRBR-16-July-2020-28-5-inch.jpg]

PENDING

Nice job Forest 27.5 and 28.5 that will help team north congrats 

Cool
Jeff, made a modification to my  river bump board.  Added a back stop with slots to hold cat fins, and added clips to hold placard.

No change made to measuring device.  

[Image: Bump-board-back-stop.jpg]

Cool
(07-16-2020, 03:22 AM)Tin-Can Wrote: Well as tough as Bear River Bird Refuge has been, decided to try a later afternoon, early evening. Only stayed about 2.5 hours and was about to pack it up and call it quits when one line started moving sideways and there was no wind. Resulted in a pretty solid bumper for me. 

BRBR

15 July 2020

on raw shrimp

25.0 inch   (2 photos same fish, didn't have my bump board. Was trying to be sure both end of tape were in the photo)

[Image: 07a.jpg]      [Image: 07-BRBR-15-July-2020-25-0-inch.jpg]

Ok good for 25 points

PENDING   

POSTED

(07-17-2020, 02:52 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Bear River

16 July 2020

on raw shrimp

27.5 inch

John (Ahi1953) helped me try to hold this bad attitude boy, didn't notice my placard was not in photo.

PENDING

[Image: 09-BRBR-16-July-2020-27-5-inch.jpg]

About 25 minutes later, was starting to pack up.

BRBR
16 July 2020
on raw shrimp

28.5 inch (maybe)

But I got the placard in this one   Dodgy

[Image: 010-BRBR-16-July-2020-28-5-inch.jpg]

PENDING

Nice job Forest 27.5 and 28.5 that will help team north congrats 

POSTED  27.5 & 28.5

Cool
Took my last 9 raw shrimps back to BRBR today. Got my lines in the water about 6 p.m. At about 6:10 had my one and only hit for the evening.  And got to try out the modification I made to bump board (back board with slot)

Bear River Bird Refuge

20 July 2020

on raw shrimp

28.5 inch

[Image: 011-BRBR-20-July-2020-28-5-inch.jpg]

Wow you’re on a roll good for 28.5 points

POSTED

Cool
Bear River Bird Refuge   (Small Cat entry,  maybe)

13 Aug 2020

5 3/16"    (5.1875") 

[Image: 012-BRBR-13-Aug-2020.jpg]

Forest  since this one will take the lead for the smallest instead of calling it 5” we will score it at 5.18 or 5 and 3/16. We have seen smaller in past contests, but this one will be difficult to beat this time of year. Congrats. 

Cool
(08-13-2020, 08:28 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Bear River Bird Refuge   (Small Cat entry,  maybe)

13 Aug 2020

5 3/16"    (5.1875") 

[Image: 012-BRBR-13-Aug-2020.jpg]

Forest  since this one will take the lead for the smallest instead of calling it 5” we will score it at 5.18 or 5 and 3/16. We have seen smaller in past contests, but this one will be difficult to beat this time of year. Congrats. 

POSTED 5.18  (5 3/16)  

Cool