Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum ice on the way out
Drove by the lake this afternoon large area of water at the inlet, swim beach has 3' of water between shore and ice and ramp has a very large area of water
[Image: 63-C969-D3-16-FC-4118-9-B93-64-C93-F77-BBD6.jpg] [Image: C2-B17-C35-97-DC-4397-955-D-41-A885-DF249-D.jpg] [Image: 02-C06-EFC-B264-4-D98-A38-D-BC03-BBC71745.jpg]
As does East Canyon.
Yep - the only places left to ice fish are the high elevation lakes like Strawberry or the High Uinta lakes.  Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(03-10-2020, 11:13 PM)2knots Wrote: Drove by the lake this afternoon large area of water at the inlet, swim beach has 3' of water between shore and ice and ramp has a very large area of water
[Image: 63-C969-D3-16-FC-4118-9-B93-64-C93-F77-BBD6.jpg] [Image: C2-B17-C35-97-DC-4397-955-D-41-A885-DF249-D.jpg] [Image: 02-C06-EFC-B264-4-D98-A38-D-BC03-BBC71745.jpg]

I tried my pond last night and the ice just crumbled underneath my weight, it's done for sure.... Bring on the open water... Later J
Thanks for the heads up. I have been trying to decide when I could spend a day over there, but I guess now I'll have to just watch for ice off on the cameras.
It's not a long drive to go check it out, but I rarely get that far south unless I've planned to spend time at the lake.
I was surprised how fast the ice quality went down hill. Now I didn’t check Hyrum so it may be ok, but I’d be very careful if you get on any ice from here on. I mean Strawberry and the high altitude lakes are probably still safe, but it’s time to take the spud bar with you again and use it. Be safe. Later Jeff
Looking at the cameras today seems you better be able to swim with your gear if you want to get on the ice, and be prepared to tread water if you stay out there for long.
http://hyrumdamcam.com
(03-13-2020, 04:07 PM)gaardvark Wrote: Looking at the cameras today seems you better be able to swim with your gear if you want to get on the ice, and be prepared to tread water if you stay out there for long.
http://hyrumdamcam.com

It would appear that wading is no longer an option.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Yiikes! 

Glad we made our last ice run out there 3/6! Smile

It really [font]deteriorated [/font] fast with these warmer temps, and a little breeze!  Sad
jjannie pid= Wrote:Yiikes! 

Glad we made our last ice run out there 3/6! Smile

It really [font]deteriorated [/font] fast with these warmer temps, and a little breeze!  Sad

Look at the lake cameras now, there were people fishing off the point (soft water) today east on the docks at the swim beach, I suspect with the winds forecast for sat and sun there will be a lot of open water by Monday. Gap at the beach was probably close to 10' this afternoon