Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chub source is gone
A popular chub-catching location is now closed.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46728794/sec...-to-public
(03-11-2020, 10:10 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: A popular chub-catching location is now closed.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46728794/sec...-to-public

I looked at the map and the private property appears to be downstream a little ways from the dam. Should be able to still fish the holes right below the dam which usually have some chubs.
Sorry to hear about the closure. That spot right below the dam was a good place to load up on chubs for bait. Only took a couple of throws with a cast net to fill a cooler. Sad.
Looking on hunt onX you will still be able to access the parking area and bridge and a few hundred yards below that.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Kent-- As i read it the area from the dam and down stream for about 700 yards is now closed to access. That would include "the hole" right?? Hope I am wrong cuz I need some more chubs for bait.
(03-11-2020, 11:04 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Kent-- As i read it the area from the dam and down stream for about 700 yards is now closed to access. That would include "the hole" right?? Hope I am wrong cuz I need some more chubs for bait.

The other folks seem to have figured out how to read some maps detailing what is closed; unfortunately, it appears they have come to conflicting conclusions on what is closed.
Thanks for the disappointing information. Angry

There is still some access for about a quarter mile below the parking area before you hit the private property so you should still be able to collect some bait.

I just checked on the DWR page for clarification (can't post the URL) and it appears the closuire starts about 700 yards below the dam so the chub hole should be accessible. I'm glad I was wrong. Wink