Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picture insertion ???
Okay, will somebody PLEASE tell me how to post a picture to a post.  I've tried clicking on the 'Image Button' (see picture below) which brings up the 'Image Properties' box.

Clicking on the 'Upload' tab in the 'Image Properties' box will bring up this screen:

Clicking on the 'BROWSE Button' above will take me to another window that will allow me to select a picture to upload and then display it like this indicating that the picture has been uploaded (I think):

Now, clicking on the green 'OK' Button makes the window go away and I am once again looking at my post edit box.  Where did my picture go and how can I insert it into my post?

Using another approach, I clicked on the 'Add image to post' Button just to the right and directly below my post edit box:

Clicking through a series of windows, I will be able to select a picture and it will be immediately be placed into my post at the last location of my cursor in the post edit box.  I don't know what the size limit is for selecting and posting JPEG files using this method, but this picture is about 6.4 Mb.

[Image: P1010152.jpg]

It would be nice if I could right click the image just inserted and easily edit the size.  There is an edit function, but with out knowing the original ratio of the picture I don't know what values to enter to keep the ration the same for an increase or decresae in size.

And I also know that pictures can be posted with the Add Attachment function, but there is a size limit of 2 Mb when using that method.  Here is a picture inserted as an attachment:

This stuff is GREAT on chicken.   Big Grin

Now, can anybody tell me how the 'Image' button is supposed to work?

If this needs to be placed in another forum (SUGGESTION BOX/HELP ???). feel free to move it.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I've just clicked on 'Add image to to post' then I got a new pop up where I can drag and drop or paste in the photos from my files (sorry  screenshot didn't work to show the pop up here) I've not had resize any photos yet, but looks like they may have a limit of 32 MB  Undecided
Bob can't help with image adding sorry as I've only used the add image to post button under the post box and did it that way but I wanted to say once again you have an awesome boat. I saw it last year at lincoln beach briefly at the flotilla but seeing again just reminded me how nice it was.
I'm pretty much totally lost on the new site, I sure hated to see my old pictures in my albums disappear. Lurking is probably the best I can do Shy
(03-13-2020, 03:44 PM)dubob Wrote: Okay, will somebody PLEASE tell me how to post a picture to a post.  I've tried clicking on the 'Image Button' (see picture below) which brings up the 'Image Properties' box.

Clicking on the 'Upload' tab in the 'Image Properties' box will bring up this screen:

Clicking on the 'BROWSE Button' above will take me to another window that will allow me to select a picture to upload and then display it like this indicating that the picture has been uploaded (I think):

Now, clicking on the green 'OK' Button makes the window go away and I am once again looking at my post edit box.  Where did my picture go and how can I insert it into my post?

Using another approach, I clicked on the 'Add image to post' Button just to the right and directly below my post edit box:

Clicking through a series of windows, I will be able to select a picture and it will be immediately be placed into my post at the last location of my cursor in the post edit box.  I don't know what the size limit is for selecting and posting JPEG files using this method, but this picture is about 6.4 Mb.

[Image: P1010152.jpg]

It would be nice if I could right click the image just inserted and easily edit the size.  There is an edit function, but with out knowing the original ratio of the picture I don't know what values to enter to keep the ration the same for an increase or decresae in size.

And I also know that pictures can be posted with the Add Attachment function, but there is a size limit of 2 Mb when using that method.  Here is a picture inserted as an attachment:

This stuff is GREAT on chicken.   Big Grin

Now, can anybody tell me how the 'Image' button is supposed to work?

If this needs to be placed in another forum (SUGGESTION BOX/HELP ???). feel free to move it.
Once again, there might be a computer/browser differential at work here.  But I suspect that picture file size might be the culprit too.  My first few attempts to "Add image to post" were similar to what you described...the image never appeared in the post.  So I tried reducing the size of the files and POOF.  Then they showed up.  I have picture editing software that allows me to crop and/or reduce sizes of the pictures so I just tweak them until they work.  But the messages you get on your system are different than the ones I get.

Here is the window I get after clicking on "Add image to post".  I click on the little blue line that says "browse from your computer" and then follow the steps. 

[Image: PICS.jpg]