Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cat Chat
Kinda liked Jeffs idea last year of having this Thread for sharing info and just pain old fish talk. 
I think it helps keep our scoring threads a little cleaner making it easier for Jeff to see our entries. 
Good Luck To you all. Go North we got this AGAIN  Big Grin
There's Always Time For One More Cast
John, wondered if Jeff would put up another thread like this. Glad you did. I got a hunch that with the site change, the ice contest ending, the Cat Contest starting, jeff is pretty busy.
Was planning to head up to the river in the morning if the weather will cooperate.
Been a couple nice days this past week, you been doing and good up there ?
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Hey you two, you better leave some big ones for me! Hopefully I can get in a couple of hours of fishing here and there next week. Looking forward to an early charge by the North team.
(03-13-2020, 05:14 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: Hey you two, you better leave some big ones for me! Hopefully I can get in a couple of hours of fishing here and there next week. Looking forward to an early charge by the North team.

Big Grin Big Grin  ah Paul, thats funny........only one you need to worry about "leaving you some big ones" is John. Weather forecast isn't too good t his weekend, but I am gonna at least go up, drown some more bait, and sit in my truck.  

Cool
No big boys yet. but have been getting a fish a trip. no skunks but the bigest is still the one you helped me net Forest

[Image: 100-0147.jpg] [Image: 20200312-134651.jpg][Image: 100-0155.jpg] tested the new bumpboard on a little 25.5 inch today  [Image: 100-0154.jpg]
John, that bump board looks great. And I wouldn't mind starting out the contest tomorrow with a 25 incher.  Heading up this morning in a couple hours. 

Cool
come rain or shine, or wind I'm hitting it tomorrow. 
Good luck all
Well rain and wind is what it was all day yesterday.  Not a nibble. Looks nicer today, a bit windy, but blue skys and no rain. Hope you get 1 .....or 3  on the board.  
Stayed home today, had a late breakfast out, then went and rearranged my boat shed to be sure the new motor will fit when I bring it home..

Cool
Hey John, your "Cat Chat" thread was a good idea. Good to see you are getting out a bit and having some luck. The wind has me holed up so I can't get out in my boat. Plenty of time, but still anxious to get out. 

I have to wonder about the impact this C-19 bug is having on everybody. Fortunately, fishing is not a spectator sport so we should be able to get out and do our thing. I feel for the guys who will lose work dollars becacuse of shut downs. Being retired and not much of a socialite I'm fine just keeping a low profile. Seems like the most contagious aspect of this bug is the panic... armed confrontations over toilet paper??? Hoping for the best.

I have always found the cattin' to be kinda slow in the early spring. I know Pat has always done well in the early part of the year and you guys that fish the Bear always get some biguns. I long for those warm summer months when there is always the risk of having your pole ripped right out of your hands and only a foolish catter leaves an unwatched pole with the bail closed. Love it. Smile

Good on you northern guys, us southern fishers will be coming on strong as soon as the weather calms a bit.This is the year for my 36 incher. Big Grin
I went ice fishing one last time yesterday and broke off three nice trout. I guess I was subconsciously using a catfish hook set. Ah, for 25-50 pound line! Gotta get the boat going.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

2 fish on the board already Southerns got some catchup to do.

[Image: 100-0168.jpg]   [Image: 100-0172.jpg]

it was windy on the bear I did find two fish that wanted to play.
Way to go John! 28.5 on the first day! Great start!
Nice going John!  Enjoy it while you can! ?
Yes Ben I will. Glad you are sticking around for some of this years contest. the South needs all the help they can get.
Congrats John, I’ll get those scored later today. I didn’t expect any entries with the cool and windy day. Glad you found some active fish. Thanks for getting the chat started it’s a fun place to see how things are going without having to do a full post. Looking forward to a fun summer, good luck everyone and stay safe out there. Later Jeff
Nice goin John. I looked out my yard several times yesterday, saw the blue sky and white clouds up towards the BRBR, and just knew you were up there hittin the contest board with something.

Cool
(03-13-2020, 12:20 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote: Kinda liked Jeffs idea last year of having this Thread for sharing info and just pain old fish talk. 
I think it helps keep our scoring threads a little cleaner making it easier for Jeff to see our entries. 

Can you guys give me the link to the 2020 cat challenge?  Maybe I can get out of the house soon.
(03-16-2020, 11:44 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 12:20 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote: Kinda liked Jeffs idea last year of having this Thread for sharing info and just pain old fish talk. 

Can you guys give me the link to the 2020 cat challenge?  Maybe I can get out of the house soon.

Not sure I could give you the link and make it correct, but here's the old school long hand directions. Utah Forum / Utah Contests - upper right side of contest forum click on "Post Thread". When that opens, in thread subject box: type - 2020 Cat Fishing Contest - Anglinarcher. Then each time you catch a contest fish, make a reply to that same thread (yours) with date, place (body of water), length in half inch increments, and a photo of that fish with a measuring device and the a copy of the 2020 BFT Cat Contest placard with your user name on it.
Tips you may have missed: Take LOTS of photos, various angles and distances. Fish must be on a flat surface, measuring device flush at nose, tail pinched. Post the photo that best shows fish and measuring device.  SkunkedAgain or another mod will judge the posted photo and usually respond in green font.  Repeat as many times, with as many fish as you can. 3 largest will be scored for your personal score and the team score.
Hope that helps.........Idea

Cool
Dang Fish have got lockjaw. After Sundays two fish I thought the warmer days would have them jumping in my lap. 
Did find a baby 24" to get fish 3 on the board.  [Image: 100-0180.jpg]
I got a question, so do I need to have your measuring stick I'm using for the contest certified?? I saw in some other threds people talking about getting their bump boards certified?