Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YES! PIKE BACK IN COMINS LAKE ELY, NV
(04-04-2021, 07:34 PM)FishingGinger118 Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 09:47 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: It's difficult to get rid of any fish, I'm sure more difficult with pike. I saw lots of big carcasses on the shore there, Sad thing is cave lake just up the road has some huge trout in it, so why not manage comins for the pike. Don't get me wrong, I love catching big trout, just don't like eating them, hell I'd keep trout here and meet someone in Wells, nv to trade for pike. I'll agree to disagree also.
It was difficult enough for Utah to clear Panguitch of the suckers. They chemically treated it and then introduced Tiger Trout to help control any further population regrowth.
Good. Davis is finally a good trout lake, again.

(04-07-2021, 07:36 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: That really helped when they treated Panguitch but it doesn't work on all lakes, I think it likely has to do with species that are in the lake. Chubs are really hard to get under control. Tiger Trout are great at controlling some species but the problem with tigers, is that they don't reproduce, so once those planted tigers are caught, it take too long to replace them and get them big enough to keep those rough fish in check. 
Which is why pike are absolutely prohibited in California and Nevada. I approve of the ban, pike are invasive and predatory. They should be eradicated west of the rockies.
Pike are so much fun to catch