Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion box and help board
(03-31-2020, 11:36 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 11:03 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: Ok, so no video then.  I don't save things to ANY of those sites, and MP4 is the standard format you get when you take a video with your smart phone, or video camera.  MP4 is the format that those sites require (one of the standard options) to download to their site.

This is not good, not good at all.

Did you try and upload your video to see if it would work the way Dubob said for other videos worked? This is all new stuff we are talking about here on this site, so you never know maybe it would work.

I tried that before I posted on this thread.  Yep, did not even show up.  The file was in the same place I keep my pics and GoPro vids.  None of the vids showed up.  There is a distinct difference between a url and an .mp4 file.  
(04-01-2020, 03:12 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 01:55 AM)Freakyfisherman Wrote: How do I rotate my image for my avatar. Right now my picture is on its side.

I fixed it for you but I used Paint to rotate your avatar pic.
Thank you.
Gabe
This will work from a computer.  I do very little with my phone except talking and an OCCASIONAL text.  First thing to do is use a hosting service that will accept MP4 videos.  IMGUR will accept AUDIO videos only.   Sad

One that WILL host your MP4 video, and you may already have if you have a Google account, is 'GOOGLE PHOTOS.'  I don't have any MP4 videos on my computer, but I converted a YouTube video to MP4 format and downloaded it to my computer.  I then uploaded the file to my GOOGLE PHOTO account.  From there, I copied the URL link to that GOOGLE PHOTO file and pasted it below.  I didn't even have to declare it a link.  It automatically showed up as a link when I previewed it before posting.  The video link below shows a video that is less than 3 minutes long and shows Glen Campbell & Roy Clark doing an instrumental rendition of 'Ghost Riders in the Sky.'  Be patient - it takes a few seconds to load.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOK...cwu1RWCwEd

It's a little more work for you to upload to a hosting service, but it will let you present a link to your own MP4 videos.  You're Welcome.   Big Grin

So - lets see that video.  
Smile
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
That shounds like it will work.  I actually don't use Google Photo, but I will probably need to.  I use to use Photobucket, but it got to be a joke.

Thanks Bob.
The 'SPELL CHECK' function isn't working this morning (April 12, 2020 @ 8 AM).  Hangs up the system and will not let me exit/cancel unless I close the complete browser.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
What time zone (universe) is the main server in?  The times shown on posting times and log in times bear no actual resemblance to actual events.
(04-12-2020, 02:23 PM)dubob Wrote: The 'SPELL CHECK' function isn't working this morning (April 12, 2020 @ 8 AM).  Hangs up the system and will not let me exit/cancel unless I close the complete browser.

Yes, I had the same thing happen to me this morning, after typing out a whole message, lucky for me the back button took me out of it, then I hit the forward button and did not lose what I had typed. I'll forward this concern to the site manager.
(04-12-2020, 04:41 PM)TubeDude Wrote: What time zone (universe) is the main server in?  The times shown on posting times and log in times bear no actual resemblance to actual events.
I'm sure you have done this already Pat but maybe others haven't but everyone needs to go into their profile settings and select the correct time setting for our area or the area they live in.
(04-12-2020, 04:47 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 02:23 PM)dubob Wrote: The 'SPELL CHECK' function isn't working this morning (April 12, 2020 @ 8 AM).  Hangs up the system and will not let me exit/cancel unless I close the complete browser.

Yes, I had the same thing happen to me this morning, after typing out a whole message, lucky for me the back button took me out of it, then I hit the forward button and did not lose what I had typed. I'll forward this concern to the site manager.

I did notice later that it is working in 'SOURCE' mode.  The mis-spelled words are highlighted in 'SOURCE' mode and will show alternatives when the highlighted word is right clicked on.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(04-12-2020, 04:51 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 04:41 PM)TubeDude Wrote: What time zone (universe) is the main server in?  The times shown on posting times and log in times bear no actual resemblance to actual events.

I'm sure you have done this already Pat but maybe others haven't but everyone needs to go into their profile settings and select the correct time setting for our area or the area they live in.
I'm getting older.  But not so old I cain't accept help graciously.  Only wonder if I'll live long enough to work through all the hinkiness of our new "user friendly" format.  Sheesh!
How to update your Time Stamp and Email notices for PMs.
If you are signed in, you will see a "user cp" in the upper left hand corner below the welcome back..................click on user cp. Your profile options will open and you will see "menu" on the left hand side, go down to where it says, "edit options" and click on it. Once the edit options page opens, go down until you see "date and time options". One listing says: "if you live in a time zone which differs to what this board is set at, you can select it from the list below". Click the down arrow in the box there and select the time that is the closest to you current time, there are a.m. and p.m. settings, the time listed won't be exact , just choose the time closest to your time. Then click "update options".  This is also where you can check a box to add, "notify me by e-mail when I receive a new private message."
(04-12-2020, 10:51 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: How to update your Time Stamp and Email notices for PMs.
If you are signed in, you will see a "user cp" in the upper left hand corner below the welcome back..................click on user cp. Your profile options will open and you will see "menu" on the left hand side, go down to where it says, "edit options" and click on it. Once the edit options page opens, go down until you see "date and time options". One listing says: "if you live in a time zone which differs to what this board is set at, you can select it from the list below". Click the down arrow in the box there and select the time that is the closest to you current time, there are a.m. and p.m. settings, the time listed won't be exact , just choose the time closest to your time. Then click "update options".  This is also where you can check a box to add, "notify me by e-mail when I receive a new private message."
Already taken care of the time thing.  But as far as getting email notifications of replies or messages...I have had the boxes checked forever and have never received any notifications.  Fine in theory.  Not in actuality.
One last thing for anyone interested, to get Email notifications for anyone repling to your post, just go below and post you are making a click on the Thread Subscription section that says, "Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies". Once you do that, all post or replies you make will get a Email notice, any time someone replies to that post, from there on out.
Quote:Already taken care of the time thing.  But as far as getting email notifications of replies or messages...I have had the boxes checked forever and have never received any notifications.  Fine in theory.  Not in actuality.

Just letting others know, just in case, I'm sure there are those that are not aware of those setting. Pat, I'm sure you have likely done these things I'm going to suggest but maybe it will help others.
First delete all your cookies, you might still have some from the previous BFT site.
Second, make sure the Email notices are not going to your spam box., one thing that can help with this is putting this Email address in your address book. 
no-reply@bigfishtackle.com 
Third, go into your profile and see what Email address you have there, for a lot of BFT members, over a long period of time, you might have changed your Email address but never updated it on the site.
If none of those things work I have one last thing that might work but I've only tried it once, so I'm not sure if it will work but you could open up a second account, using a second Email address, once you have tested it to see if you are getting notices, I can merge both accounts together and with any luck you will keep getting the notices. Thats all I got.