Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba
Has any one been at yuba lately?   Drove by today and it is 100# full.  Any idea of how the northern pike are doing?   Like to get one of those toothy buggers.  The last time I was there I got a 38 inch pike that shredded my thumb.   I put him back and now I need to get even.  Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
Give him hell.

It's on my list of places to hit up this spring/summer.
(03-15-2020, 03:09 AM)cdbrc1 Wrote: Has any one been at yuba lately?   Drove by today and it is 100# full.  Any idea of how the northern pike are doing?   Like to get one of those toothy buggers.  The last time I was there I got a 38 inch pike that shredded my thumb.   I put him back and now I need to get even.  Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Let me know when you want to go! I need a pike to add to my list!
(03-15-2020, 03:09 AM)cdbrc1 Wrote: Has any one been at yuba lately?   Drove by today and it is 100# full.  Any idea of how the northern pike are doing?   Like to get one of those toothy buggers.  The last time I was there I got a 38 inch pike that shredded my thumb.   I put him back and now I need to get even.  Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
UDWR is currently netting at Yuba to try and capture female Northern Pike to collect eggs onsite (squeeze them to take their eggs and then release them back into the res) for the Tiger Muskey Program.
They haven't caught many pike, but they are intercepting a lot of walleye, fat rainbows and even tiger musky (got stocked last year).
If It were me going down to target pike at Yuba right now, I'd target the Sevier River inlet - fishing more of the shallows.
Tongue 
Thanks for the help,  I will have to go the first time the weather gives us a chance.