Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pyramid Lake Cutts (NV)
That was one of the best stories I've read on here!
Quote:Hogs?  Yeah, about the best shot we have at string stretchers are macks, cats and carp here in Utah.   Oh yeah, maybe the northern pike and tiger muskies. There are some large specimens of bows, browns and cutts but very few and far between.  Since Pyramid has "come back" it is rare to catch any cutts that would fall into our slot range.  Can you imagine what S

Hey, if you have a scanner you should scan  your old pics and make them digital.  I have done that with a lot of my "prehistoric" film and slide pics.  If you don't have a scanner, most good photo outlets...and even Costco...can digitize them for you...onto a disc or flash drive.

Stock Lahontans in Utah?  Sacrilege.  No way DWR would remove or jeopardize our beloved "Bonnies" for out-of-state transplants.  Still nice to ponder though.  Right up there with having some flathead cats to play with.

Those Pilot Peak Strain of Lahotan Cutthroats have been in Utah for over a century. I say about time Utah adopts them as our own. DWR just needs to transplant some to Scofield with all those suckers. Shorter growing season so maybe they will only turn out half the size.  20 lbs wouldn't be bad.