Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Spring shakedown Run
[Image: 8-AD6-A752-CCF8-42-F3-A923-B2-A609-F1-BD97.jpg] I installed a Garmen 93SI fishfinder on my boat and was itching to try it out and after looking at the wind forcast for Sunday, Jordanelle seemed like the best bet, with light winds forcast in the morning. Elayo joined me and we launched at first light and headed for the dam where we fished for several hours and didn't hook up. We where targeting the top of the water colum with the usual Kokanee set ups. We didn't mark any fish up high but we did mark a bunch along the face of the dam between 100' and 200' so we droped down to the fish at 100' but they where not interested. We then decided to take a boat ride around the lake, since neither of us had been there before, we went all the way up the arm near the dam to where the ice sheet ended at the no wake buoy line, we turned around and headed up past the launch ramp to the other end of the lake and started fishing back towards the launch ramp.We finally got a fish on and as I was reeling it in, Shawn says look at that other fish jumping it's following yours, when I said no that ones on the other side he picked it up and we got a double. I turned around and we went back through and picked up another as the wind was building, which made boat control difficult leading to more tangled lines with the long set backs. We caught our fish at 8-10ft down with 100ft. set  backs on on RMT sling blades and pink hoochies tipped with power maggots. Being the first trip of the year I forgot a few things like my net and parks pass. The fish finder worked great and is a major up grade for me, I really like the larger screen. We talked to a couple other guys at the ramp that also caught 3 at 12ft. Overall not to bad of a shakedown trip, I wish we would have gotten into a few more fish.
Good trip sir. It felt good to get out on open water and try a new place. I think your new toy will work out great. Hope the fish smoke up well for you. Thanks for letting me tag along.  [Image: IMG-0134.jpg]
Great success for so early in the season! Looks like the new fish finder may prove to be a good investment.  Wink
thanks 
think I may go up Tue.  rain later and 10 to 15 mph wind
do they have a boat dock there are do you have to get wet
I must be getting old but can't tell where you were catching them
were you way north and going south to the boat ramp.  
this is the only place I have fished for them
[Image: Jordanelle.jpg]
this garmin livescope I have I can see fish in the top 20 feet of water. in one view it will not show how deep they are put in another view it will show how deep they are but it only has a 20 deg cone so it is not to wide
Quote:Yes, there is a wedge dock in and yes we found them north of the ramp between a line of  3 buoys on the west shore  and a drift wood T-pee on the east bank looking at your map it was the area east of the next large point north of the ramp.
"liketrolling" pid='1095697' dateline='1584318366'

Quote:thanks 
think I may go up Tue.  rain later and 10 to 15 mph wind
do they have a boat dock there are do you have to get wet
I must be getting old but can't tell where you were catching them
were you way north and going south to the boat ramp.  
this is the only place I have fished for them
[Image: Jordanelle.jpg]
this garmin livescope I have I can see fish in the top 20 feet of water. in one view it will not show how deep they are put in another view it will show how deep they are but it only has a 20 deg cone so it is not to wide