Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Standings 2020 Cat Fish Contest
Hey Lynn, Jeff, I saw all those new southern cats posted this past weekend. And now, unexpectedly, I'm back on.............I assume Jeff tried  to post the standings I updated for him yesterday, but I  don't see them here. I will check them again and get them posted.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Contest standings, now that I can get back on, here they are in just one page. 

[Image: 011-2020-Contest-Standings-6-April.jpg]

Here is the full list of all contest entrants

[Image: 011a-2020-Cat-Contest-Standings.jpg]

Cool
OK, ice_sled and catchinon posted fish today, and 2 more contestants signed up for the South.
Once Jeff confirms the fish, I'll post updated scores. 

Cool
(03-31-2020, 11:22 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Of course Jeff is talking about the Top 10 total with North only 13 points ahead of South. What he is too polite to say is in TOTAL fish caught by the North (that is the 3 scoreable fish for all the Northern posted) the north is further ahead than that. Of course some of the South heavy weight Cat champs (ice_sled, Piscophilic, Mrs. J, Mooseman75, just to name a few)  have not chimed in yet. Oh and heaven forbid I forget TubeDude. 
But Jeff DID say that some of us Northern "misfits" have not scored yet either.  This social distancing park shut down may have a large negative affect on some of us Northern crew. It kind of leaves some of us only one place to fish, and that ribbon of water is gonna get more busy as the weather warms. 
I'm looking forward to July when I can hit the river and maybe by then Willard Bay every day I feel like it. 
Anyway fellow Cat Competitors, here is the standings update from the past few days.  Oh yea, you all may notice that Jeffs tripple 27.0" posts have put him ahead of Ahi1953 by 1 point.  I kinda don't expect that to last too long. I gotta feeling this years Cat Contest is gonna be lots different than any in the past.

Good luck to all of ya, North and South. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, have fun. 

[Image: 08-2020-Contest-Standings-31-March.jpg]

I know, considered by some to be bad "Forum form" to reply to ones own post. Just wanted to congratulate the South Team Cat getters. Only took them  about 8 days to reverse the facts above and jump 4 members into  the  top 4 spots on the score board. Good job on ya'll Acsendingcats, catchinon, BLK, ice_sled.
Jeff is aware of your latest posted Cats, and soon as he scores them, I'll get them updated on a new standings posted.

Cool
(04-06-2020, 04:31 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 11:09 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Jeff, Forest-- There's gonna be a lot of yellow in the top of the standings when you do the next update. I tell ya, this is the year for the south. Smile

Lynn, so far Forest can't get on line again... He logged out and can't get back on line, so note to everyone.... Don't log out, just click to a new site and leave your account logged in...  Anyway since Forest can't get here, this is a copy of my chart so you can see the advances of team south... Big weekend for the Rebels.... couple great fish and a few 29.5's that I think Ben and Craig just passed back and forth to give both of them a biggy.... just kidding...  Ascendings cats were chunks... wish we could find some of those up north...  Lynn you were in first for a minute then  Ascending bumped you... Craig and Ben each tied for the new lead fish at 29.5".... It was an active weekend.... Not to mention Cookies Girls rule entries hitting the board...  Well hope this will work... if not I'll try again from a different computer... Later J
Quote:Don't log out, just click to a new site and leave your account logged in...  Anyway since Forest can't get here, 

Hey Jeff et al,

I logged out early in the game and ran into the same problem. Chrome was my browser and I can log back in if I go to a different browser or if I use an "incognito" window in Chrome. The problem seems to be something saved by the browser, but I'v cleared/deleted everything I can find and I still have t o switch browsers or go incognito. Hope that is useful to somone
Standings update 

[Image: 012-2020-Contest-Standings-9-April.jpg]

Cool
Standings update. A new North Team member added, bottomwatcher, a new smallest cat (Pending), and TD on the board (Pending) 
Everybody have a safe and Happy Easter weekend. Gonna go make another try to get something on OUR board.    
Tin-Can & TinCansMate  Angel   

[Image: 01-2020-Cat-Contest-Standings-temp.jpg]

Cool
(04-11-2020, 12:37 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Standings update. A new North Team member added, bottomwatcher, a new smallest cat (Pending), and TD on the board (Pending) 
Everybody have a safe and Happy Easter weekend. Gonna go make another try to get something on OUR board.    
Tin-Can & TinCansMate  Angel   

OK, Ahi1953, small 5.5 Cat confirmed.  TubeDude on the board with 28.0 Confirmed. 

Standings 

Cool
New corrections 
[Image: 014-2020-Contest-Standings-13-April.jpg]

Cool
Well I've got to admit the south has really done an incredible job putting up some great cats. The north has a long road to catch up.  John is starting his climb and I'm sure Paul won't be far behind. I don't know how John can find so many big fish but I'm glad he's on my team. With those two and a few others that will put up some good ones this year, I'm not giving up yet, but I realize we are out numbered and UL is yielding some great fish. It's going to be a great contest this year. Really think we need to start doing video contest update posts. Anyone a videographer?  Later Jeff 
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Seems like the Cuttler area is producing some good cats too.

Cool
Well over the weekend with fair weather North Team edged up a few points. SkunkedAgain posted the first 30 incher, Ahi1953 improved his top 3 by about 2 inches, and TinCansMate did it again..........posted a contest fish before Tin-Can did  Undecided  
Working on the Standings, should have them up tonight. 

Looks like a North / South individual tie for now,
South   Acsendingcats = 85.5  
North   SkunkedAgain = 85.5
with the South leading the 3 fish score by 151.5. 

[Image: 015-2020-Contest-Standings-20-April.jpg]

Cool
Updated 23 April

[Image: 016-2020-Contest-Standings-23-April.jpg]

Cool
Posting  another update. jig_fisher pulled in a big one, just waiting for Jeff to make it official. But I plan to be gone till late tomorrow, and maybe Sunday also. Will get standings posted maybe Monday. Got a hunch there is gonna be more additions this weekend. Have fun everyone and be safe. Cool

[Image: 017-2020-Contest-Standings-24-April.jpg]

Cool
Guys sorry been a busy week for me but I got the scores updated tonight and what a crazy week for big fish. AscendingCats now has the lead at 89 points 31.5" monster and Ben (Ice Sled) is in second at 86. Team North almost caught up in the top ten, but then Jim, Ben and Ascending went to work and pulled out a 9.5 point lead again. Top twenty is a south runaway freight train with a 50 point lead. Crazy year so far, but watch out Sharksugar is fishing now so look for a real pony race in the top ten. Forest is on the board and will likely put up some big numbers as well. Jim came off injured reserve with a 30"er. Where is Richard and Violet this year?  They pulled in some great fish last year. Going to be an incredible contest this year. Good luck all. Later Jeff 
OK. Jeff got all the scores confirmed from last weekend, I have them tallied on the spread sheet, but have to wait till I get home to post. Can't do from here at work. Check back about 4:30 - 5:00 P.M. Dodgy 

Cool
Contest standings update

[Image: 018-2020-Contest-Standings-29-April.jpg]

Cool
Well if the measurement holds up to Jeff's eagle eye, jig_fisher posted the first 33 incher I've seen in the contest since 2016 when jig_fishers brother, Bottomwatcher put one up in the last day or 2 of the contest. 

Hey Paul, you sure you and your brother aren't keeping that fish and swapping him around.......Big Grin .

Just funnin ya.............was a nice catch. Looks like the warmer weather this week is waking up the river cats.  

Cool
Wow what some incredible fish this year!  Every time the north makes a move to take the top ten lead, someone on the south steps up to hold us off. MJ held off Paul's big move. South now holds a 5" advantage on the top ten.

Like Forest mentioned, Paul with his 33" hog has tied our best fish ever in our contest. Be interesting to see if that one gets beat this year, At 92 points Paul has set quite a mark for this early.

Seems like the fish are transitioning to a warmer weather pattern. Nothing but mud cats for me last night and the trip before was limited catch too. Watch out for John to make his move soon   Good luck. Later J
OK, new standings going into the weekend and a new month. 

[Image: 019-2020-Contest-Standings-1-May.jpg]

Cool