Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Standings 2020 Cat Fish Contest
Well after a weekend with the site being hacked, and some good Cats caught, seems that IT folks have us back up and running............for now. So standings up to today. 

[Image: 020-2020-Contest-Standings-5-May.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Several good Cats posted the last couple days.  In my memory of this contest the past 5 years, this is the most fish at or over the 30 inch
mark with 10
 of them on the board as of yesterday, Saturday 9 May. And we still have over 5 months of the contest to go.  We have a 2 way tie for the smallest cat @ 5.5 inches, the North has pulled up to a 2 point lead of the South in the top 10,  19 points behind the South in the Top 20, but is still almost 300 points behind the South for total top 3 team points. 
Most total fish posted : SkunkedAgain =10.  Highest point score with fewest fish: New member Cat in the Yak = 2 fish = 55.5 points.   South Team has 38 members signed up, with 16 posting fish so far. North Team has 25 members signed up, with 12 posting fish so far. 
Even with the wackey weather and the virus lock down at the beginning of the contest, I can't remember this many fish, or this many big (29 to 30+) fish being caught and posted this early. 
It's a bit unusual to not see Ahi1953 leading the contest totals, but then the Bear River Bird Refuge just has not been as kind to most of us northeren catters so far this year as it has been in past years. 
Anyway, here is the latest standings update. [Image: cool.png]

OK, missed one on first attempt to post new standings.  Here is re-calculated sheet. 

[Image: 021-2020-Contest-Standings-10-May.jpg]

Cool
Hey Forest and Jeff. Just wanted to let you know that my 28" didn't make it to the current update. Thanks
(05-10-2020, 09:29 PM)ice_sled Wrote: Hey Forest and Jeff. Just wanted to let you know that my 28" didn't make it to the current update. Thanks

Hey Ben, sorry bout that. I got it on my full tab sheet, just forgot to change it on the top 3 standings. It's fixed now. Will post new standings today after work.
For your top 3 contest fish I have 29.5, 29.0, 28.0 now for a total of 86.5.
For your full tab catch list I have: 29.5, 24.5, 25.5, 26.0, 27.0, 27.0, 27.5, 29.0, 28.0. Those are what I have seen approved by Jeff, do they look right?

Cool
I'm pretty sure  I have all the contest fish on the chart this time.  If I missed another one, that was posted before 2:30 p.m. today, let me know.  

[Image: 022-2020-Contest-Standings-11-May.jpg]

OK, some of you may be the number crunching type. I am posting the total running numbers that I keep of every fish that is posted, scored by Jeff, then recorded. If a fish is one of the top 3 in anyones Cat scores, it get's moved in to the Standings Sheet like the one just posted above, and bumps out a smaller one.  This sheet, I have tried to keep the fish scores in the order they were approved. Just to let all know that if I miss one of your fish, it isn't on "porpoise".  Angel 

[Image: 022a-2020-Contest-Running-totals-11-May.jpg]

Cool
(05-11-2020, 12:26 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 09:29 PM)ice_sled Wrote: Hey Forest and Jeff. Just wanted to let you know that my 28" didn't make it to the current update. Thanks

Hey Ben, sorry bout that. I got it on my full tab sheet, just forgot to change it on the top 3 standings. It's fixed now. Will post new standings today after work.
For your full tab catch list I have: 29.5, 24.5, 25.5, 26.0, 27.0, 27.0, 27.5, 29.0, 28.0. Those are what I have seen approved by Jeff, do they look right?

Looks good Forest. I need every .5" I can put my hands on!
(05-12-2020, 01:43 AM)ice_sled Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 12:26 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:

Looks good Forest. I need every .5" I can put my hands on!

Yea, me too.......Undecided

Cool
So my update shows the north at 306 and south at 298 for the top ten. South 579 to north 573.5 on top twenty. And it's only the middle of May. Going to be a barn burner this year. Top score may get close to 98 points this year. Amazing how many different team south members have at least 28" fish on the board. Lots of great fish being caught. Keep it up, but don't forget how to have fun while you do it. Later Jeff 
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
The site has been screwy again, I'm sure everyone has noticed. I just finished checking all the cats posted from the weekend. I THINK I have replied with a PENDING to all of them.  I will get the numbers all re-figured, and let Jeff look at them to make sure I haven't left some one out. Once they are confirmed, I'll post them. 

Cool
Updated standings............  

[Image: 024-2020-Contest-Standings-20-May.jpg]

Cool
I can't believe we have not had a fish recorded since April 1. I know I gave up on a couple of fish when I could not get it to post.

I hope this is fixed now. 5/20/20 nothing would post, 5/21/20 at least it was posting.

OK, edit. I must have just caught the beginning
of the fix. I come on and two more pages showed up. Makes me look kind of stupid, not that I don't deserve it. LOL
Not sure if photos will post, haven't tried. But site is responding more normally.
There have been several fish posted since 1 April. Just take a look back thru the individual threads.

Cool
Since the site went back to better operation today, I went thru and re-checked all the posted fish. Found one I had missed that gave Ahi1953 a 1/2 inch bump. 
So slightly corrected standings sheet below. (also a test to see if things post OK, and they seem to)

[Image: 024a-2020-Contest-Standings-21-May.jpg]

Cool
Update going into the weekend. 29 MAY

[Image: 025-2020-Contest-Standings-29-May.jpg]

Cool
Now that we were able to get Jeff out of the hay fields for long enough   Big Grin  updated standings.   

[Image: 026-2020-Contest-Standings-4-June.jpg]

Cool
OK, Jeff was able to score all the Cats caught since last week. They have all been posted (I SURE HOPE I HAVEN'T MISSED ANY).  

[Image: 027-2020-Contest-Standings-12-June.jpg]

Cool
Only 6 new Cats posted last 10 days. All from North Team, (FishGuyBri and BiggerBait) but scores not changed much. 

[Image: 028-202-Contest-Standings-22-June.jpg]

Cool
3 Cats posted this past week.  Not much change to scores.  I believe Jeff may be  on a family vacation. Unknown how long, but I'm sure he will be looking into what has posted while he was away. For now, the posted scores are tentative for those 3 cats from down south.  Cool

[Image: 029-202-Contest-Standings-28-June.jpg]

Cool
Jeff is back at it and has confirmed all the posted Cats.  New standings here as of today 6 July.
Now it's my turn to take a short vacation. Will be out on UL next 2 or 3 days, so if you see me, swing by at social  distance  Big Grin and say howdy.  

[Image: 030-202-Contest-Standings-6-July.jpg]

Cool
Hey everyone sorry I’m such a slacker this summer. Funny how little changes in ones life like Corona has turned things so sideways for me. Just not on line much these days. Nice to have a Sunday to catch up with things. So I was looking at the catfish scores today and man there are a lot of big fish this year. Always kills me when I have to start erasing Johns 30” fish and they just disappear. Got to wish I could put his discards onto my score. So many fish over 28” that it’s unreal, they are great fish for sure. I’m looking forward to trying the cats again, but I don’t know when or where to try since I’ll be shorebound till I get my boat back. One of these days I’ll get after them again. Hope to find more than my last skunked trip. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!