Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Standings 2020 Cat Fish Contest
New standings. 1/2 point bump for John, and TCM finally got fish #2. Only a 3 point North lead in top 10, and a 3.5 point South lead in top 20. 

[Image: 031-2020-Contest-Standings-13-July.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
OK, Jeff confirmed the Cats posted since last week. BLK, we got both of CatCarsen's.  MrsJ, got yours also. 
New standings

[Image: 032-2020-Contest-Standings-20-July.jpg]

Cool
New standings. Ahi1953 landed a couple over the 30"  mark out of Bear River. Puts him in 2nd place just 1.5 points behind jig_fisher.  

[Image: 033-2020-Contest-Standings-5-Aug.jpg]

Cool
jig_fisher didn't wait long before he posted another 31.5 incher to increase his lead to 2.5" over Ahi1953 and BLK  scored another 31.0 incher to put him in a 3 way tie with SkunkedAgain and sharksugar101.  As the weather remains hot, those cats are getting harder to find, so congrats you guys. 

And Pending approval, there is a new Smallest Cat on the board.  I had a small kitty gulp a bait hook right thru it's gill. Measured at 5 3/16 " (or converted to decimal 5.187"). 

[Image: 034-2020-Contest-Standings-14-Aug.jpg]

Cool
New standings.  Ahi1953, MrsJ, both posted new Cats over that "magic" 30" mark.  Nice going both of you. 

[Image: 035-2020-Contest-Standings-20-Aug.jpg]

Cool
New standings.  Looks as if the bigger cats are coming back out down south. BLK bumped up into overall 3rd place.  With just over 2 months left in this contest, and the top 3 Catters only separated by 3.5 points, could turn into a real shootin match.

[Image: 036-2020-Contest-Standings-26-Aug.jpg]

Cool
BIG Bumps for the South Team. BLK (Lynn) posted up a real HOG... 34.0 inch, MrsJ (Vi) a 30.5, and catchinon (Craig) another 30.0 These are all still Pending Jeff's confirmation, along with one from Justaguywaworm 27.0, and gripy111 26.50,  but it could put the south into an across the board lead with biggest fish (34.0), high score of Top 10 (312.00) and high score of Top 20 (612.00).

Congrats to all you "rebels" for really making this a close race going into the last 2 months. Contest ends 31 Oct. 
[b]I have notified Jeff about all the recent fish posts. I'm sure he will get to scoring them as soon as he can. His farming work and the covid teleworking from home has really kept him maxed out busy.  [/b]

So the score sheet below shows all pending posts and "assumes" they will be approved. Scores will only change if corrected by Jeff. The scores in Gold highlight are ones that are still PENDING. 

[Image: 038-2020-Cat-Contest-Standings-5-Sep.jpg]

Cool
[Image: 039-2020-Cat-Contest-Standings-8-Sep.jpg]

Standings posted yesterday, needed minor correction. New scores here. 

Cool
OK, Jeff returned from his hunting trip and has confirmed all recently posted Catfish posts.  New standings. 

[Image: 040-2020-Cat-Contest-Standings-26-Sep.jpg]

Cool
23 Days left to this 2020 Cat Contest  Exclamation   Get your Cats caught and posted by NLT  midnight 31 Oct . 

Standings as of 8 Oct.

[Image: 041-2020-Cat-Contest-Standings-8-Oct.jpg]

Cool
                                                       9 days remaining in 2020 Catfish Contest. 

It isn't quite over yet, and scores could possibly change. But as jig_fisher (Paul) stated in his last post, the Southern Team blasted back this year to take almost every contest category (so far) with the only exceptions being the largest Youth Cat and smallest Cat. 

South Team:   Best total team score, Biggest Cat , Best Top 10, Best Top 20 . 

North Team:   Largest Youth Cat ,  Smallest Cat    

[Image: 043-2020-Cat-Contest-Standings-23-Oct.jpg]

Cool
Contest standings have been double checked by me, and passed on to Jeff for second pair of eyes. 

If no corrections are required, and no more Cats are posted, final standings will be posted sometime 1 Nov. 

Cool
I forget the actual rule for getting the final post in but it’s shorter than the usual week, so unless we see a new addition today.. I would say the results are final. Congrats all. J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(11-01-2020, 04:17 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: I forget the actual rule for getting the final post in but it’s shorter than the usual week, so unless we see a new addition today..  I would say the results are final. Congrats all. J

Thanks to you and Forest for running this thing again. Julie and I had a great time!

Congratulations to Lynn and lots of others on a great year. Can't wait til next year1