Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Millsite again
Photo 
My buddy and I hit Millsite again today in our tubes.  This time we were able to launch at the boat ramp since all of the ice is gone.  We launched at 9:30 and fished until 3:30 using the usual sinking lines and size 6 and 8 bead head crystal buggers in black/copper, red/green, and leeches in red and plum color.  We picked up three cutthroats and a few rainbows.  All of the fish were between 13" and 18" long and in good shape.

The water temperature was 38-41 degrees and the visibility in the water was about 8'.  The reservoir is 44% full and rising.

There were a half dozen shore anglers and one boat with two guys that were trolling.  I saw the guys in the boat pick up some fish but I never saw any fish caught from shore.
The weather was great with temps in the 50's and no wind, couldn't ask for better in March.

[Image: P1060162-2.jpg] [Image: P1060164-2.jpg] [Image: P1060165-2.jpg] [Image: P1060167-2.jpg] [Image: Millsite-3-16-2020.jpg]  
Quote: 

Thanks for the report

Is the damn repair finally done?
Quote:Is the damn repair finally done?"WingNutt" pid='1095814' dateline='1584470231'
Quote:Is the damn repair finally done?

No, they have about six weeks of earth work left on the dam itself.  It will be another year before they finish the spillway modifications.
It's a government job. Tongue
They are going to let it almost fill so the recreation and fishing should be okay.