Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake March Newsletter
https://mailchi.mp/a94534b2bf3e/facebook...0809e13659
Any idea what their big announcement is?
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Wonder if they are deciding to do something with the piece of ground acquired at lincoln beach?
I bet that you're right. I had forgotten about that.
I hope the big announcement is about improvements at the knolls
(03-18-2020, 11:00 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Any idea what their big announcement is?

I suspect it has something to do with all of the property acquired around Lincoln Point.  I will make some discreet inquiries.
It's actually going to be about the property near Powell slough I am guessing, They have plans for a community pond and finshing the trail from vinyard to the provo marina. It's been all over the utah waterfow assocation facebook page. A private land owner has opened up a good size chunk of his land to improve the area and access to the lake in the area to sportsman and the general public. Good catfishing over there.
(03-19-2020, 11:54 AM)TubeDude Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 11:00 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Any idea what their big announcement is?

I suspect it has something to do with all of the property acquired around Lincoln Point.  I will make some discreet inquiries.
I got a reply back from Sam Braegger of the ULC.  His ability to divulge info is probably limited...pending a formal announcement by the agencies and entities involved.  This is his reply.
Lincoln Beach is not a part of the improvements for this year. We will be releasing a press release to the news media in the next week or so about the projects for this year. Its been suggested that funding might be available for multiple years, and I would think that Lincoln Beach could potentially be a part of a future proposal to receive funding. We will have to reach out to the county to see how they would like to proceed. 

Sam Braegger  Outreach Coordinator   O: 801-851-2900   C: 801-669-2782
Thanks for asking around.
March is almost up and I still have not seen the Newsletter.  Have I missed it?
(03-29-2020, 10:58 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: March is almost up and I still have not seen the Newsletter.  Have I missed it?

The link was posted at the top of this thread.  Here 'tis again.
https://mailchi.mp/a94534b2bf3e/facebook...0809e13659
Still no information, just a promise of an announcement.
(03-31-2020, 05:01 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: Still no information, just a promise of an announcement.
I suspect that other "issues" are currently higher on the list of priorities.  Sam is pretty good about keeping me in the loop and I am waiting (impatiently) for his updates.  I'll pass along any info I get.
(03-31-2020, 05:55 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 05:01 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: Still no information, just a promise of an announcement.

I suspect that other "issues" are currently higher on the list of priorities.  Sam is pretty good about keeping me in the loop and I am waiting (impatiently) for his updates.  I'll pass along any info I get.
Here you go. Like I said it's been discussed in the waterfowl forums for about 2-3 months. I am in touch with biologist, utah lake commision and even spoke with the land owner. It's there baby that's being worked on for the next 2-3 years. 
https://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/c...VAPOyIapO8
(03-31-2020, 08:32 PM)fishinfool Wrote:

Here you go. Like I said it's been discussed in the waterfowl forums for about 2-3 months. I am in touch with biologist, utah lake commision and even spoke with the land owner. It's there baby that's being worked on for the next 2-3 years. 
Thanks for the link.  Sounds like some nice improvements for the public.
(03-31-2020, 08:59 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 08:32 PM)fishinfool Wrote:

Thanks for the link.  Sounds like some nice improvements for the public.

You're welcome. Should be a nice place for the utah county folks.