Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Eve
I live on the Jordanelle and fish it a lot from my boat. I walk down by boat ramps every morning.  Have not fished it lately, but did catch some Kokes a couple weeks ago. Lately it has been dead. Boats are not even marking fish even the ones that have a setup to read the top 10 feet. Over 75 boats out Sat and a guy said he talked to over 50 boats and not one had a fish. They were not even marking fish. Half as many boats on Sunday and the same results. Two guys this morning had a small Koke and a small Trout but were not marking any fish. About 10-15 boats out this morning. 
A guy I know and fishes here a lot said he did okay on Kokes when another guy asked him how he did. When the other guy left I went up to him to ask him what he was using and to see his fish.  He laughed and said he just told the guy that he caught some Kokes. He was like everybody else, no fish and not marking anything. 
Shore fisherman were getting a few trout. 
Fish are there and they have to eat. Probably going to try it in a few days. I don’t fish weekends, leave that time for the men who work. I am retired and they deserve the weekends. It is funny, at times during the week I think everybody in Utah is retired!
(03-24-2020, 03:27 AM)Jayweymouth1 Wrote: Fish are there and they have to eat. Probably going to try it in a few days. I don’t fish weekends, leave that time for the men who work. I am retired and they deserve the weekends. It is funny, at times during the week I think everybody in Utah is retired!

I get the same feeling at Flaming Gorge every year.  I always fish it during the week and wonder - Where did all these folks come from?  Is everybody now retired?   Big Grin

I'm putting everything back together this week boat wise and plan to fish Jordanelle this Friday or next week Monday based on the weather forecast on Thursday or Sunday.  All the ice fishing gear has been put away for this season and the soft deck beckons - loudly.  
Cool
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."