Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summit County closed
I read on another forum that Summit County was closed to fishing. Any truth in this?
fishing is not closed. however travel in and through summit county is
(03-26-2020, 05:38 PM)mme1 Wrote: fishing is not closed. however travel in and through summit county is

"Residents are barred from traveling unless they are doing an “essential activity,” which includes obtaining necessary supplies, working, or enjoying the outdoors while maintaining social distance."
It may be coming to this faster then we think.

https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/efish...sp?id=2488
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(03-26-2020, 05:38 PM)mme1 Wrote: fishing is not closed. however travel in and through summit county is

but the the state liquor store in Park City will remain open. only thing is you can't drive to it.
I need fishing more than ( liquor).
If I go to Flaming gorge and drive past Park City will they stop me. what about all the trucks that bring us stuff will they stop them. 
No the highways will not be closed. I work at a machine shop in summit county and the powers that be have deemed that we are an essential business and are not having us close.

So if anyone asks just tell them that you work at "Triumph" and you are just going to or getting off of work. Lol
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I to work for a essential business, our CEO sent out a hall pass if we where to get harassesd, Im not sure how it will work with the boat behind me going to the lake,  but I'll launch at that ramp when I come to it, Big Grin
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
You all need to read th epress release by the summit county sherriff.  I am pretty sure that Jordonelle and Deer Creek are n Wasatch county, not summit.  I think Rockport and Echo are in Summit, but if you are fishing alone, a full cast away from your buddy or with a couple of kids they are not going to bother you no matter where your plate says you live.  If you are gathered around a fire, passing a bottle and strumming guitars they may break up the party.
The order is really just to reinterate what most of us are already doing because there are a few idiots still not getting it.
I've pretty much been in my house except to do a little yard work and go to the store once for 2 weeks, I expect to be for another two weeks.
I am laid off from work, my wife is laid off, my son is laid off.  The mud room has a new coat of paint, the wall in the living room has been patched, the window sills and trim has a fresh coat of paint, my fly boxes are full and I've had to buy another.  I put new backing on all of my fly reels, changed the oil in the truck, replaced the tail light that was cracked, fixed the front door, painted the kitchen...
You get the idea.

[Image: EUDivz2U8AInHQu?format=jpg&name=medium]
Its amazing how rumors can create a panic by itself just as emptying the store shelves did. I also heard over the news this morning other counties are considering the "stay at home" order and now counties are involved with talking to the governor to issue a state wide order.
The young generations have a better chance at this survival therefore some may feel invinsible getting out with their buddies. When I was young the common cold didn't keep me down and when I showed up to work sick(no work no pay) the populas surrounding me always issued a verbal "stay away from me" order
Confused and I stayed away also from those who were sick. Today the common cold seems to zap me more at my age but at least I can stay at home to weather it since I'm retired. My kids & now grandkids like sharing with me too. Cry
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
If you would like to read the Order that went into effect at 12:01 AM today, click on this link: JOINT PUBLIC HEALTH ORDER STAY-AT-HOME.
Quote:Summit County (the “County”) with a population of 42,000 residents is the epicenter for COVID-19 in the State of Utah, having nearly a third of all Utah cases, as well as reporting the first case of community spread in the state. While data is ever emerging, the County’s rate of occurrence of confirmed COVID-19 cases generally rivals that of New York City and continues to grow exponentially. In fact, the County’s per capita rate is twenty times greater than the second most affected county, Salt Lake County. 

I read the entire 13 page document and it is intended for Summit County residents.  There is nothing in the document that talks about travel restrictions through the county to reach a destination not in Summit County.  I called the Summit County Sheriff's dispatcher this morning and asked for clarification on non-residents travailing through Summit County.  There are NO restrictions to traveling through the county to reach a destination not in Summit County.  They ARE asking that non-residents to NOT visit anywhere in Summit County to include recreational venues.  This would include Echo Reservoir, Rockport Reservoir, and Smith & Morehouse Reservoir.  There are many more smaller lakes within Summit County that are probably not readily accessible due to winter/snow conditions.  Jordanelle Reservoir is NOT in Summit County.  NOTICE: Echo & Rockport State Parks are currently closed to non-residents of Summit County  I would assume that the same restriction will apply to ALL Summit County venues.

The order will remain in effect through May 1, 2020 or until rescinded prior to that date.  You might want to let other folks know; not everybody reads BFT.  I don't do facebook or I'd post this there as well.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."