Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport and Echo 3/22
Had to get out of the confines of my house this weekend while still practicing social distancing. Figured Sunday would be the best day for it. Saw lots of people at Rockport, a few less at Echo. 

We were not fishing seriously, just letting the powerbait sit off the bottom. No catching at either lake. Rockport still has a fair amount of ice near the dam and 2/3 of the lake up from there. It is starting to break up. 

Echo is mostly free of ice, but we managed to find some drifting slabs to throw rocks at. 

pictures are from Echo. 
[Image: 4-BB51-A37-4258-4-D3-F-A133-BD3-B44-B94-D1-D.jpg] [Image: F70-B1-E4-B-360-A-4-F74-AA05-0-C4-F7-B87-E02-A.jpg]
Here's what Echo's website says right now:Welcome to Echo State Park
NOTICE: Echo State Park is currently closed to non-residents of Summit County =100%per Public Health Order from the Summit County Health Dept. Our day-use areas remain open to residents.=100% Visit the =100%Utah State Parks COVID-19 webpage for updated information.
Interesting, any idea when that posted?
Nope!  The state parks' sites aren't very good about dating their conditions.
From my searches, it looks like it happened after my visit. The county issued a stay at home order this week.
Rockport has the same verbage on their web site.
Too bad the catching wasn't better. Looks like the weather was nice.
The State Parks main page was updated between 3 & 4 PM yesterday (March 26).  The Summit County Order went into effect at 12:01 AM today (March 27).  ALL recreational venues in Summit County are closed to Summit County non-residents until May 1 unless the order is rescinded before that date.  I verified with the Summit County Sheriff's Office this AM that travailing through Summit County to reach a destination out side of Summit County (such as Strawberry, Jordanelle, Deer Creek, etc.) is NOT restricted.  But Echo, Rockport, & Smith & Moorehouse are off limits for now.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Just got an update from someone who drive by Rockport on 3/26. As of the afternoon of 3/26 the lake is reported as ice free.