Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The snag fest has begun at Willard
Wiperslayer and I got out to Willard this morning to three cars parked in that outer parking lot at the South marina by the baffles and the water coming in at full force. When we left to come home the number in that parking lot had grown to over a dozen cars. The snagger appear to be out in full force.
 We launch around 8 am and started fishing in the channel going out into the Bay. Water was murky and 41 degrees, we picked up a couple of cats there, once we got out into the bay and the water cleared up a little. We then moved over to Freeway bay and found the water temp higher and the cats hunger. Water temp got up to 47 before we left around 2pm. We had our best success on motor oil fligs and chub meat but we were marking so many fish up higher in the water collum that we decided to try trolling faster in hopes of catching other fish. We were trolling at 1.3 mph and picked up our first Wiper of the year, a healthy 22 incher. Even though it was a cold start to the day, little wind and a sunny day make for a great trip.

[Image: first-wiper-of-2020.jpg]
Great wiper Ira, and thanks for the report Curt. Sounds good that things are picking up. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-28-2020, 12:53 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wiperslayer and I got out to Willard this morning to three cars parked in that outer parking lot at the South marina by the baffles and the water coming in at full force. When we left to come home the number in that parking lot had grown to over a dozen cars. The snagger appear to be out in full force.
 We launch around 8 am and started fishing in the channel going out into the Bay. Water was murky and 41 degrees, we picked up a couple of cats there, once we got out into the bay and the water cleared up a little. We then moved over to Freeway bay and found the water temp higher and the cats hunger. Water temp got up to 47 before we left around 2pm. We had our best success on motor oil fligs and chub meat but we were marking so many fish up higher in the water collum that we decided to try trolling faster in hopes of catching other fish. We were trolling at 1.3 mph and picked up our first Wiper of the year, a healthy 22 incher. Even though it was a cold start to the day, little wind and a sunny day make for a great trip.

[Image: first-wiper-of-2020.jpg]
I hope that was enough to hold you until April 14, 2020 Curt.  The Governor put Willard off limits to you effective yesterday.  You no longer have a State Park venue you can fish.  Are you going to try Pineview, Lost Creek, or Newton?  All the other local lakes with boat ramps are State Parks.  Tough times we're living in - darn it.  Sad

I also didn't realize that Ira was living with you.  
Quote:Limit physical interactions with other high-risk individuals, except for members of your household or residence.
Since you and Ira are both 'high-risk' individuals and fishing together, I would guess he now lives with you.   Wink
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Were the gates posted or lock??
(03-28-2020, 03:30 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Were the gates posted or lock??

It's highly unlikely since the Governor didn't announce the directive until sometime yesterday.  And since residents of the county in which a State Park resides can use the park, I wouldn't expect the gates to be closed and locked.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
this is bs i gotta drive to that county to work in a deemed essential business
state law requires you to be 25' from my watercraft
proper fishing ediquitte would be not casting to others casting waters
ive spent a good chunk of my adult life dialing the skills to throw all the line on my fly reel
somedays a little backing
so that should be plenty of social distance space
only 1 of my multiple watercraft releys  on a trailer or inferstructure to launch
i got a groover on the boat
what am i touching to transmit anything that isnt mine and others need to touch or be within virus transmition distance
well yeah good thing i have the usac hat for em to see
and shame on any first responder thats wasting recources or valuable time trying to fight imaginary crime
what are they gonna do put me in the jails for a non violent crime
last i checked we were already doing the opposite as we should be
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
I hope that was enough to hold you until April 14, 2020 Curt.  The Governor put Willard off limits to you effective yesterday.  You no longer have a State Park venue you can fish.  Are you going to try Pineview, Lost Creek, or Newton?  All the other local lakes with boat ramps are State Parks.  Tough times we're living in - darn it.  I also didn't realize that Ira was living with you. Limit physical interactions with other high-risk individuals, except for members of your household or residence. Since you and Ira are both 'high-risk' individuals and fishing together, I would guess he now lives with you. 

Bob, I'm sure glad the Government knows whats best for me but unless I have to pay a fine or go to jail, I'll keep doing what I'm doing, provided that neither one of us is sick. We usually go out once a week, I don't see that changing, at least for now but time will tell. Just in case though, maybe posting reports on this board will come to an end after this post.
None of the gates were locked and there were no signs out saying anything different while we were there yesterday.
(03-28-2020, 05:42 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Bob, I'm sure glad the Government knows whats best for me but unless I have to pay a fine or go to jail, I'll keep doing what I'm doing, provided that neither one of us is sick. We usually go out once a week, I don't see that changing, at least for now but time will tell. Just in case though, maybe posting reports on this board will come to an end after this post.
None of the gates were locked and there were no signs out saying anything different while we were there yesterday.
Absolutely your choice Curt.  Go for it.  Just be aware, we can't come see you in the slammer.
[Image: gZWzsS2.png]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I saw the big Wink but as I'm sure you are aware, they a letting people out of jail with way worse offence than that, so it's highly doubtful, I'd be going to the slammer. Not only that but do police really have the time to chase down someone that is going fishing, seems pretty unlikely but I guess we will see.
(03-28-2020, 07:11 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I saw the big Wink but as I'm sure you are aware, they a letting people out of jail with way worse offence than that, so it's highly doubtful, I'd be going to the slammer. Not only that but do police really have the time to chase down someone that is going fishing, seems pretty unlikely but I guess we will see.

I wonder how many participants in the snag-o-rama are legal residents of the county.  Think any of them will get busted for residency?  For snagging?

Thrill-seeker and scofflaw that I am, I am almost tempted to charge up to Willard just for a "confrontation"...and to see how far they will push it.  Then again, maybe I should just hold up a bank.  Might be safer.
Let me know which one your going to do TD.  One, or the other, i mitght join you.  LOL
(03-28-2020, 10:08 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: Let me know which one your going to do TD.  One, or the other, i mitght join you.  LOL
Do I have problems making decisions?  Well...yes and no.
I can probably wait out the two weeks and then go for it.  But if it doesn't change...or gets worse...you may see me on the late news.  Probably turn it into a fed'rl offense er sumpin'.  After about mid April Willard gonna be callin' me real loud.
You know, I live in that county, pretty sure I do, I think I do, so I guess that Tuesday I may have to check out Willard.  North or South, now that is ther question.  If we get "locked down", then I will be traveling to home if stopped, my "home" water, or my "home" where I sleep.  I think my home water changes daily.  Hmmmm, should I post this?

LOL