Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to North Idaho
Hey everyone,

New to the forum in general and new to north Idaho. My wife and I are moving next month to the Coeur d'Alene area for work from Ohio. We're super excited and love the area. For all of you in the area, where are some good places to shore fish? I love to fish for bass, trout, and would like to get into salmon fishing. I'll be living in Post Falls near the Spokane River. 

I'm not asking for anyone to reveal their honey holes... just asking to be pointed in the right direction on some places and things to use! Thanks and hope everyone is staying safe with the coronavirus. 

Ryan
Welcome to the forum. And welcome to the state. I'm from the other side of the state, so I can't give you any tips. Only been up there once on a site seeing trip. It is beautiful up there. But I'm sure you will find some help here.
Welcome to the forum. I was born in Cleveland many moons ago! I live in southern Idaho but have been up north on vacation. Coeur d'Alene lake and most the lakes around there has bass and trout. Also Northern Pike. We fished from a bass boat but I imagine anywhere from shore would produce. Hopefully someone from that area will post on here for you. Again welcome and good luck!!
(03-30-2020, 05:36 PM)fast_randy Wrote: Welcome to the forum. And welcome to the state. I'm from the other side of the state, so I can't give you any tips. Only been up there once on a site seeing trip. It is beautiful up there. But I'm sure you will find some help here.

Thank you for the welcome! It really is. We are thrilled to be calling it our new home.

(03-30-2020, 07:48 PM)Bassnbob24 Wrote: Welcome to the forum. I was born in Cleveland many moons ago! I live in southern Idaho but have been up north on vacation. Coeur d'Alene lake and most the lakes around there has bass and trout. Also Northern Pike. We fished from a bass boat but I imagine anywhere from shore would produce. Hopefully someone from that area will post on here for you. Again welcome and good luck!!
Thank you! I have fished for bass and trout all over the country, except the northwest. So, i'd love to also hear any tips that people have as far as how the climate affects the fishing, whether you can still fish in the winter, what to look for, etc. I lived in Alabama for a while and the water is hot, and muddy brown, as opposed to the crystal clear, cold waters of the inland northwest! So, I'm definitely in a whole different world and could use any and all help I can get.
Look at pend orielle, I'd be fishing there if I lived in that area.
Welcome to the site Rysmoore1, that is a nice area you are moving to but I have never fished there either but I think there are salmon in those lakes as well. I'm from Alabama too, lived around the Gunnersville area, many years ago. The Winters where you are moving to can be pretty rough, so unless you are going to get into ice fishing, you might be kind of limited in the Winter. Some of the bigger rivers don't freeze but they can be dicey to access with a lot of ice along the shore. This time of the year you should be Ok. I was stationed near Spokane and fished the Spokane river often back in the day.