Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jordannelle
Sunday I saw that six boats had launched at Jordannelle res. I have seen no posts and wonder if any of you BFT boys, or girls were on Jordennell yesterday.?  Looked like a calm wind day and mostly sunny.
I went Friday afternooon. Cold and windy. Only saw one other boat on the lake but there were 3 trailers in the lot. Caught 1 rainbow and no kokanee. Lost one other hook up.
I was there yesterday learning how to use the mapping feature on my fish finder. There was some people catching a fish here and there out northeast of the boat ramp. I looked like most people were fishing shallow at that area and I didnt see much on the finder.

Once the stormy weather rolled in I motored over to the Rockcliff arm and was mapping when I noticed some fish laying on the bottom. Set the downriggers up and trolled a couple of crank baits in trout patterns. Picked up two browns at 16-18".
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Today looks beautiful, no wind, no rain, fish????
There are four trailers in the parking lot for most of the day.
Tomorrow looks like the day for me..
only one boat at the launch to day.  Hope he doen't spread the virus a round.  Governer will be mad. What harm has he done??
(03-31-2020, 03:42 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: only one boat at the launch to day.  Hope he doen't spread the virus a round.  Governer will be mad. What harm has he done??

This morning the weather is great no wind,   about 9:00 am about 6 boats showed up.  several tubers have come to.
I wonder what the park people at the gate are saying about who can enter?  Isolation looks like no problem at all.
From what I have seen, so far there is no one manning the gates during the week, the weekend is a different matter. As I rarely fish on the weekends, all I can say is that in normal years they don't have anyone at he gates until May. If they are manning the gates, the most they will do is ask you which county you are from and it is up to you tell them but from what I've heard they will not try a varify if what you are saying is true or not.
For the last two weekends the booths have been empty.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Park rangers are driving around periodically and sending Non-Wasatch boaters home .  
Will not let you launch.
There reasons for these regulations.
We are all adults here. Just follow the rules.
There are a helluva lot smarter people than you and me making these decisions for all of our safety.
(04-01-2020, 07:05 PM)Jayweymouth1 Wrote: Park rangers are driving around periodically and sending Non-Wasatch boaters home .  
Will not let you launch.
There reasons for these regulations.
We are all adults here. Just follow the rules.
There are a helluva lot smarter people than you and me making these decisions for all of our safety.
I am actually not so sure about that.  IN FACT, not to raise too much trouble here, but I know several people here that I believe are a helluva lot smarter than the people making these decisions.
Okay. I mean just smarter than me. 
Did not mean to offend the “smart ones”. Big Grin
(04-02-2020, 01:23 PM)Jayweymouth1 Wrote: Okay. I mean just smarter than me. 
Did not mean to offend the “smart ones”. Big Grin

No offense taken.
[Image: 6HsaTAX.gif]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Good one!! Smile
I see they are now planting splake, and Tiger Muskey. In jordannelle.
(04-02-2020, 11:21 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: I see they are now planting splake, and Tiger Muskey. In jordannelle.
If bassrods were still here, he'd be throwing a fit!  Those were the good old days - watching him go balistic over such as this.  Fond memories.   Big Grin

HEY - just noticed - this is post number 3,000 for me.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Gess who????
And yes I'm back just like a bad penney .. Big Grin
I never mined what fish got planted as long as they was not slimers.. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
But I have not even seen Jordanell for a few years, so how is the old pond doing??
We had a great year last summer, If you like salmon, and who doesn't.  
What a surprise to hear from you.  You still hanging out on the Oregon coast line??  Have you fished for walleyes on the columbia river? Thats a big challenge finding fish on that big body of water, but can be rewarding.  Maybe your just salt water now??
I have been fishing for many types of fish, bouth salt and fresh.. Salmon Halibut bass and some I'm not sure what they was..
The fishing here for fresh water is funny in that on some lakes the limit is one trout or two salmon per year of one type (kings) but all sivers not any can be kepted ..
I'm hear in Ut. to see Dr. at VA and for now stuck wile Or. is locked down..