Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2020 catfish contest Boatloadakids
Good start. Utah Lake, March 30, I think he will make 28 inches. Too cold!!

Nice cat there Lynn good for 28 points
[Image: DSC01037.jpg]
Full belly on that kitty. He must be finding lots of late winter goodies (not gona call it spring until I can pull off my wool socks)
(03-30-2020, 07:19 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Good start. Utah Lake, March 30, I think he will make 28 inches. Too cold!!

Nice cat there Lynn good for 28 points
[Image: DSC01037.jpg]
Got it Lynn. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Did a little night fishing with Catrat on the Spanish Fork River.
This one should make 27 1/2. Catrat caught a 29 incher. Slow fishing
but fun. Caught 3-31 [Image: DSC01040.jpg]
Lynn it's good for 27.5 points. Nice job put the south almost 15 points ahead. 
(04-01-2020, 04:27 AM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Did a little night fishing with Catrat on the Spanish Fork River.
This one should make 27 1/2. Catrat caught a 29 incher. Slow fishing
but fun. Caught 3-31 [Image: DSC01040.jpg]
Lynn it's good for 27.5 points. Nice job put the south almost 15 points ahead. 

I got it on the sheet Lynn. Will post today after work. Smile

Cool
[Image: DSC01056.jpg] [Image: DSC01052.jpg]
4-3 Spanish Fork River. Looking to fill third block on contest.
The big head fish was a fighter, should go about 27 inches.
The skinny one (female?) might go 27 1/2. Want to enter either one
to fill my third box.
Nice job Lynn, I think I can see 27.5 on the female... Your pictures are a little blurry hope you can get them a little better as you keep practicing... 27 on the other one if needed... J
(04-03-2020, 08:24 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: [Image: DSC01056.jpg] [Image: DSC01052.jpg]
4-3 Spanish Fork River. Looking to fill third block on contest.
The big head fish was a fighter, should go about 27 inches.
The skinny one (female?) might go 27 1/2. Want to enter either one
to fill my third box.
Nice job Lynn, I think I can see 27.5 on the female... Your pictures are a little blurry hope you can get them a little better as you keep practicing... 27 on the other one if needed... J

OK Lynn, I got 'em on the sheet. Gives you a 28.0, 27.5, 27.5 for your top 3 and a 27.0 for smallest. Dodgy

Cool
Lincoln, 4-22 Just touches 28 inches??

[Image: DSC01089.jpg]

Great fish Lynn, good for 28 points. 
(04-22-2020, 06:53 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Lincoln, 4-22 Just touches 28 inches??

Looks like those big boys are starting to darken up for the spawning battles. 
Pending Confirmation

Arrow  shhhhh..............  Lynn, looks like you may have last years Cat Placard.........    Tongue

Cool
Oops! Wrong year and logo Confused I opened the side pocket in my boat and grabbed the fish BFT-ish placard I could see. I really do have a current one and I will do a little clean-up in the boat and chuck the old one. Sorry 'bout dat. Blush
(04-22-2020, 10:57 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Oops! Wrong year and logo Confused I opened the side pocket in my boat and grabbed the fish BFT-ish placard I could see. I really do have a current one and I will do a little clean-up in the boat and chuck the old one. Sorry 'bout dat. Blush

I don't think it's a problem, but not my call. Just thought maybe you were testing the Mod................Tongue 

Cool
I am pretty sure we can trust BLK. Now if it was next to a 36" fish..........
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Lynn built a new board this year, so I know it's not a fish from prior years. I'm good. Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(04-22-2020, 06:53 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Lincoln, 4-22 Just touches 28 inches??

Great fish Lynn, good for 28 points. 
   Confirmed / Posted

Cool
UL, 4-25-20, 27 inches. Caught by Catcarsen. He is a BFT member and contest member but cannot log on to his own computer. Fish is shown here until we can figure out how to get him logged on. Huh Permissable??
BLK

[Image: Carsen-cat-4-25.jpg]

Way to go Carsen, good for 27 points. 
(04-25-2020, 08:45 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: UL, 4-25-20, 27 inches. Caught by Catcarsen. He is a BFT member and contest member but cannot log on to his own computer. Fish is shown here until we can figure out how to get him logged on. Huh Permissable??
BLK

[Image: Carsen-cat-4-25.jpg]

Way to go Carsen, good for 27 points. 

Confirmed / Posted for Carsen

Cool
UL, 4-30, white bass, 28 inches. Took my photo, released fish, remembered placard in yak. Confused
[Image: DSC01098.jpg] [Image: DSC01099.jpg]

Lynn what's the deal with different bump boards in each picture?  I like your new one best. Fish is good for 28 points. 
(04-30-2020, 05:09 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: UL, 4-30, white bass, 28 inches. Took my photo, released fish, remembered placard in yak. Confused
[Image: DSC01098.jpg] [Image: DSC01099.jpg]

Lynn what's the deal with different bump boards in each picture?  I like your new one best. Fish is good for 28 points. 

I think his bump board is probably in his boat. This Cat was when he was in his yak. 

Confirmed / Posted

Cool
I prefer my new bump board unless I am in my kayak... tough to get a decent picture while fishing alone and trying to hold fish, board, and camera. I will hence forth and forever use my new, nuclear powered, folding board with pectoral slots, and double rulers. I can leave it in my truck and paddle back to shore for a good photo, no problem. Pretty sure I can make the release with no harm to the fish and still get a good, clear photo
[Image: DSC01100.jpg] [Image: DSC01081.jpg] [Image: DSC01101.jpg]
(05-02-2020, 10:07 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: I prefer my new bump board unless I am in my kayak... tough to get a decent picture while fishing alone and trying to hold fish, board, and camera. I will hence forth and forever use my new, nuclear powered, folding board with pectoral slots, and double rulers. I can leave it in my truck and paddle back to shore for a good photo, no problem. Pretty sure I can make the release with no harm to the fish and still get a good, clear photo
[Image: DSC01100.jpg] [Image: DSC01081.jpg] [Image: DSC01101.jpg]

Lynn, that looks sharp. You and Ben have made some real awesome boards.

Cool