Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry invite for tomorrow (Tuesday)
I am taking my snowmobile to Strawberry tomorrow.  If someone wants to meet me up there (not comfortable riding up there with anyone) I will take you out on the ice.  If interested send me a PM.
Thank you, that's a very gracious offer. But I didn't know there were any catfish in there. Oh, and while you're coming this way could you drop my notebook off here in Spanish Fork  Angel ?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Well, my plans just got cancelled.  I would be violating the law if I head to Strawberry fishing.

http://coronavirus.wasatch.utah.gov/Port...0Clean.pdf
(03-30-2020, 11:16 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Well, my plans just got cancelled.  I would be violating the law if I head to Strawberry fishing.

Well, that's just great. There is so much open country in these counties, I just don't get it. There was probably 10 vehicles parked at Chicken East this past, Sunday, but I don't think we were ever within 20 yards of someone else.
I was hoping to get out one last time before putting the snowmobiles and ice fishing stuff away. Can't even just go out snowmobiling either. I guess the next month or two will be spent with everyone exploring their own local areas.
This really calls into question anything planned for a number of months outside of your own county. We were gonna do Lake Powell in, May, and a Uinta backpacking trip in, June. Who knows now.....
As I headed to, Strawberry, there were a number of people pulling boats up Parley's. Definitely be an interesting couple months.
(03-31-2020, 02:33 AM)TheOtherSide Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 11:16 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Well, my plans just got cancelled.  I would be violating the law if I head to Strawberry fishing.

Well, that's just great. There is so much open country in these counties, I just don't get it. There was probably 10 vehicles parked at Chicken East this past, Sunday, but I don't think we were ever within 20 yards of someone else.
I was hoping to get out one last time before putting the snowmobiles and ice fishing stuff away. Can't even just go out snowmobiling either. I guess the next month or two will be spent with everyone exploring their own local areas.
This really calls into question anything planned for a number of months outside of your own county. We were gonna do Lake Powell in, May, and a Uinta backpacking trip in, June. Who knows now.....
As I headed to, Strawberry, there were a number of people pulling boats up Parley's. Definitely be an interesting couple months.

Devil's advocate . . . the end of the order says that it should go into effect no later than the morning of April 1st . . . seems like individual outings with proper social distancing on 3/31 could continue as planned . . .
(03-31-2020, 03:18 AM)Thrillathehunt Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 02:33 AM)TheOtherSide Wrote:

Devil's advocate . . . the end of the order says that it should go into effect no later than the morning of April 1st . . . seems like individual outings with proper social distancing on 3/31 could continue as planned . . .

No later than 04/01 but in effect until 04/14. So, a trip on, or before 04/01 is definitely, OK.
I think your plans to go are definitely within what the order states and you're fine to go. I would.
kentofnsl pid= Wrote:I am taking my snowmobile to Strawberry tomorrow.  If someone wants to meet me up there (not comfortable riding up there with anyone) I will take you out on the ice.  If interested send me a PM.

Kent please give a report when you return. I want to head up this weekend. Thank you.
(03-31-2020, 09:31 PM)liv2hunt Wrote: Kent please give a report when you return. I want to head up this weekend. Thank you.

I unpacked the Armada, unhooked the snowmobile and stayed home. Sad
(03-31-2020, 09:31 PM)liv2hunt Wrote:
kentofnsl pid= Wrote:I am taking my snowmobile to Strawberry tomorrow.  If someone wants to meet me up there (not comfortable riding up there with anyone) I will take you out on the ice.  If interested send me a PM.

Kent please give a report when you return. I want to head up this weekend. Thank you.

Be safe Matt. I would imagine the edges are going quick and the good ice below will be getting thin