Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard west side
(04-01-2020, 04:03 PM)dubob Wrote: Okay, here is my take on this.  Believe it - or not.  Your choice.

The Parks website covering ALL State Parks is most likely managed by somebody at Parks HQ.  This is only a guess, but I would assume that it is updated periodically based on information available at HQ.  Input from individual parks is less forthcoming and may, or may not, be available to the IT folks that manage the website.

I would also guess that State Park Managers have a certain amount of leeway and management authority to manage their own park and make minor changes to management policy for their park and their park alone.  This may be where the Willard change in policy came from to include Weber County residents access to that park, and that park only.  And again, I'm only guessing here.

As to the South Marina being open to Weber County residents and the North Marina being closed to them - well I, for one, would be VERY surprised if that were true.  But I'm not curious enough to drive clear up to the North Marina to find out, or curious enough to call the Park and ask them and then wait for 1 to 5 days to get an answer.  But if some of you Box Elder folks that use the North Marina want to chime in - please - let us know what you know.  
Big Grin

If that is the real deal, Weber county residents can use Willard from the south marina but not the north. Does that equal out by allowing Box Elder residents to use the north but not the south.......Cry 
And once either is on the water from which ever marina, is there a "line in the water" to tell us where to stay out of, like back when they had the oil leak?  

OK, I'm just stirring the pot, but what about us Davis County residents ? And we just had a "stay at home order" imposed by the health department, with all the provisions and exceptions of course, kind of like other counties.  Now in order for me to go fishin, I got to drive thru my "stay at home county" to the not sure if Weber county will let me in Willard, thru Weber and into Box Elder to get to the Bear River. And I'm not a resident of either of those 2 north counties..................geeeezzzzz.....what a mess. 
 Huh Arrow Angry
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(04-02-2020, 12:55 AM)Tin-Can Wrote:
Quote: 

If that is the real deal, Weber county residents can use Willard from the south marina but not the north. Does that equal out by allowing Box Elder residents to use the north but not the south.......Cry 
And once either is on the water from which ever marina, is there a "line in the water" to tell us where to stay out of, like back when they had the oil leak?  

OK, I'm just stirring the pot, but what about us Davis County residents ? And we just had a "stay at home order" imposed by the health department, with all the provisions and exceptions of course, kind of like other counties.  Now in order for me to go fishin, I got to drive thru my "stay at home county" to the not sure if Weber county will let me in Willard, thru Weber and into Box Elder to get to the Bear River. And I'm not a resident of either of those 2 north counties..................geeeezzzzz.....what a mess. 
 Huh Arrow Angry

Your right, this is getting real complicated trying to figure out a place to wet line.
We here in Carbon County can't fish at Huntington State Park or Millsite State Park which are 20 miles and 45 miles so we are going to drive through Emery and Sevier County to get to Mill Meadow, which is in Wayne County.  Angry
Go figure.
Tell me if I'm wrong on this but the order is just for state parks? Right? Well does that leave all other bodies not managed by the state open to whom ever? Lots of bodies of water here that are not a state park.
Not long ago Wasatch county put up orders that say only county residents are allowed to recreate in Wasatch county no matter who is in charge of the land. All others are not welcome and will be asked to go home.

I was reading on Wayne's Words the San Juan county is telling people camping on the shores of Lake Powell that they have to go if they are not residents of the county.

This has expanded far beyond the state park system.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(04-01-2020, 01:30 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Quote:Can I ask where you found out that Weber County residents can fish Willard?

When I drove into the South marina yesterday, there was a sign by the pay station, that said only residents from Weber and Box Elder counties were allowed, then I also talked to the Willard state park manager and he told me the same thing.

I confirmed that myself last Sunday.  North and South Marinas have the sign that says Weber and Box Elder residents.  Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, and you no Weber and Box Elder residents, who did you vote for.  LOL
ok, how do this figure???  Restricted to our own countys then why are they still running the Front Runner, the riskiest mode of travel in Utah??  real smart ya think??
(04-01-2020, 11:14 PM)gofish435 Wrote: I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Wiperhunter resides in Weber County. Big Grin

That is a VERY accurate guess.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."