Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little kittie info plz.
Going to take my boat out to Cutler marsh this Sunday.
Never been out there before. Are there kitties there ?
Not asking for your honey hole. Just a general idea where.
Should I go north or stay south of U.S 30 ?
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
There are some nice cats up there. I can't help with location since I only have fished it from shore. Jeff (SkunkedAgain) can help more there thats is home waters. I think Tin-Can likes to take his boat up there once in a while.
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Most in search of cats from boats launch from Benson Marina and go north.  From the highway 30 launch south is pretty much just following the river inlet, north under the highway bridge takes you into the marshes.  Most that go that way have shallow draft boats with mud motors and surface drives.  Have a good sonar and watch for mud bars.  As Ahi said hopefully Jeff will chime in.  Last I remember as well there were motor size restrictions depending on when and where up there.
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
Hey they've given you good intel on where to launch, either Benson marina or the Cache Junction/ Newton ramps will get you into boatable catting the quickest. I fish out of Benson cuz it's close to home. Cats have been picking up slowly, but last night was my best trip since last year. I got 8 cat from 22-27" in a couple hours. The fish are in the shallows and moving in pods, so find a pod and you'll catch some fish. It's not always easy to find where they are so if no fish in a half hour move to another spot. Worm or cut bait is working for me. I also like a bobber. Good luck. Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-31-2020, 02:06 PM)fishing4thehog Wrote: Going to take my boat out to Cutler marsh this Sunday.
Never been out there before. Are there kitties there ?
Not asking for your honey hole. Just a general idea where.
Should I go north or stay south of U.S 30 ?

How big of a boat ?  I have a 14 foot Lund with 25 hp Merc. I have fished from the Benson Marina as a couple have stated. The pics below are screen shots I took last year. They are from the Benson Marina ramp, across to the west side, then north-ish. Because it is a river and the flow varies alot, my GPS maps may not be super accurate. Best advice I can give is keep your eye on your sonar, go slow, record your route in so if you have safe depth going in, you can have safe depth coming back out. Also lots of, points, sloughs, channels, islands (both fixed and maybe floating) easy to get headed up what looks like a good water channel, and it suddenly peters out. Bottom can come up fast where old irrigation channels have been cut, may even still be irrigation pipes just barely under the water.  Hope that helps some. Cool

[Image: 010.jpg] [Image: 07.jpg] [Image: 06.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thanks for the info... I do have a flat bottom boat with a mud motor.
I will take your guys advice. I will be going during the day. Would hate to get lost on my first trip. Lol
Again, thanks.
Will post my adventure..
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
(04-01-2020, 12:00 AM)fishing4thehog Wrote: Thanks for the info... I do have a flat bottom boat with a mud motor.
I will take your guys advice. I will be going during the day. Would hate to get lost on my first trip. Lol
Again, thanks.
Will post my adventure..

Well, a flat bottom is the best bet on that water, when it isn't too windy. Good luck and looking forward  to see what you get.  Going for Cats?  Consider joining the Cat Contest ?
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(04-01-2020, 12:00 AM)fishing4thehog Wrote: Thanks for the info... I do have a flat bottom boat with a mud motor.
Again, thanks.
Will post my adventure..

Day time won't hurt you this time of year, in fact I'm catching fish at different times of day, FIL got two around 3:00 yesterday and I got skunked from 5:00-7:00 which is when I got them the day before.... So anytime of day, it's just being able to cross where the fish are.. Cutler is a spot you really need day light to explore your first time, it's very shallow in general and like Forest mentioned changing due to river erosion and deposition, so each year can be different... Also like Forest mentioned the catfish contest, it is free to enter, just tell one of the two of us, that you want to join and we'll put you on the list...  Rules are on the Utah Forum titled contests...  it has how to post and take pictures to verify your catch... if you need help let us know... Good luck... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!