Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MV 3/28
Thumbs Up 
Had some of my buddies come down from back home in D-county for some ice-off fun...within 6' that is! lol! We hit up Mville Sat...got there around 0730, and it was freezing! Low 20s...and the fishing was slow to start. I caught 2 from 0730-1030, but then the switch flipped and it was on until we left at 6pm! Multiple doubles and even a few triples...fish were on fire! Great runs and multiple jumps...and everything was 20"+. The flies of the day for us were egg sucking leeches and black beedless buggers. Anywhere you can find the right pebble rock, they were there. Females were dropping eggs when handled, so they are close. Fun times!

[Image: 20200328-210624-resized.jpg] [Image: 20200328-193150-1-resized.jpg] [Image: IMG-56461.jpg]
Great pictures! Thanks for the report!
Thanks for the report and pics.  It's a fun place to fish this time of year but it can get crowded. Sad
Yes, it sure can get crowded...wasn't too bad for a Sat, I was expecting worse. Plenty of fish for all! Smile
(03-31-2020, 05:49 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Yes, it sure can get crowded...wasn't too bad for a Sat, I was expecting worse. Plenty of fish for all! Smile

Looks like a fun time. I think your crowds are going up 10 fold this week after this post. I've found it helpful not to spill beans on good fishing until I'm ready to move to another locale. Keeps them away from your next targeted water as well.
Haha...Mville is no secret my friend.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(04-01-2020, 03:45 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Haha...Mville is no secret my friend.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Yeah I agree here, Minersville is no seceret. Being that close to the freeway its going to get some pressure. Plenty of fish to be had in that lake, hopefully they can crack down on the illegal harvesting! That and people using bait are a bigger problem than the crowds in my opinion. 

Wish I could get there, but I don't think that will happen until the fall Sad
(04-02-2020, 03:16 PM)kjox21 Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 03:45 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Haha...Mville is no secret my friend.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Yeah I agree here, Minersville is no seceret. Being that close to the freeway its going to get some pressure. Plenty of fish to be had in that lake, hopefully they can crack down on the illegal harvesting! That and people using bait are a bigger problem than the crowds in my opinion. 

Wish I could get there, but I don't think that will happen until the fall Sad

Wish I could get back up there soon as well, but don't think it's going to happen this year. Plus...my LMs are spawning locally, and that's too fun to pass up!
(04-02-2020, 03:16 PM)kjox21 Wrote: Yeah I agree here, Minersville is no seceret. Being that close to the freeway its going to get some pressure. 

It has nothing to do with being close to the freeway.  It has everything to do with the quality fishery.  

Without the quality fish, Minersville would be baren of anglers.

FWIW:  Beaver County has done a great job with the facilities since the State Parks let them go.  Beaver has also realised the value of water.  When Minersville has good water the fish thrive and the campground fills.  When the water is drawn down the fish suffer and the campground empties.