Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be careful out there
Some have felt safe traveling and fishing with close friends, because neither of them are showing any signs of illness.  New research is finding that this is also risky:
https://www.ksl.com/article/46737106/mor...read-virus
(04-02-2020, 04:24 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Some have felt safe traveling and fishing with close friends, because neither of them are showing any signs of illness.  New research is finding that this is also risky:
https://www.ksl.com/article/46737106/mor...read-virus

I will be fishing alone in my boat for at least the next month (April).  No need to push my luck.  
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Fished with a friend two weeks ago Fri. Been nervious ever since. 
Only way to totally avoid the junk is total isolation.  That includes coming in contact with any outside source.  (ie) mail, packaging, ect.
Now I wish we had the cabin, private lake with lots of big fish and all the nessesities for a sustained stay.  What am I saying (Now?)
I've wished for this my whole life.
Bob, I think that's prudent,  , I fish alone almost entirely, but that says more about my personality that anything,
Oh man I can hear a remake of George Thoroughgood's song.... "I fish alone, with nobody else"....  probably go right to the top of the BFT weekly top 40....  Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
For some us, it is not possible to fish alone.  I have a 24 ft. fishing barge that is to much for me to handle by myself.  I really want to get out.  What's a fisherman to do?
(04-02-2020, 06:17 PM)chinook Wrote: For some us, it is not possible to fish alone.  I have a 24 ft. fishing barge that is to much for me to handle by myself.  I really want to get out.  What's a fisherman to do?

Hopefully, a family member, who lives with you, will join you.  Fishing is not at the top of my wife's list, so that won't work very often for me.  Living in Davis County, as I understand the current rules, there really isn't anywhere I can legally launch my boat right now.
Tough to maintain 6' distance when on a boat, unless you have a big boat...but shore fishing shouldn't be an issue. Drive up seperately, maintain 6' along the bank, and you will be fine.
(04-02-2020, 06:40 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Living in Davis County, as I understand the current rules, there really isn't anywhere I can legally launch my boat right now.
Kent,

That is definitely not true.  There are many places you can legally launch a boat right now.  Whether you want to actually fish those ponds is an entirely different story.  Close by, you will have a couple of options: Mantua and Pineview come to mind.  I little further out, in a few weeks or so will be Lost Creek.  And then there is Bear Lake.  There are at least two boat launches there that aren't part of the State Park system up there.  The Utah side of the lake State Park does not include 99.99% of the lake itself within it's boundries.  There is one private launch in Garden City, UT and one lauch in St Charles, ID.  Utah Lake is wide open for your fishing pleasure at the present time.  So, there are several options for you to legally launch your fishing water craft.  Go for it.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
so the fact that Dr. Sanjay Guptas schoolkids sure seem smarter than politicians and evidently others
is a "game changer"
wow
just wow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...e=emb_logo
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
Kent,

These are crazy times. I have not weighed in on the subject, on any of the social media I follow, seems to be plenty enough doing that to cover any points of issues on either side of subject. I will say this much as I enjoy this group and trust the best intent of this thread; I have a son (Buckwheat you have seen him in his wheelchair in some of my videos), who due to his birth defect that impacted lung development, is very, very high risk. We always take extra precaution each flu season with him, and we have tried to step that up this year to limit his risk. That said, I will be going fishing and walking the dogs and checking the deer at the ranch and planting my garden, ordering lots of takeout, fixing the boat, and checking in on neighbors. I will do my best to stay within the guidelines of the counties and states while doing so, as I know they are also trying to implement things they believe will help  but as those rules are changing daily, I am sure I will cross a redline somewhere. I don’t feel a need to debate if they (the guvm't) are right or wrong. They are simply humans reacting to the world around as best they can. I am not much on conspiracy theories, you might deduct.  As my dad said, "give them a little rein, and most horses will try their best to take you home". I can do that and still enjoy my spring.

Enough of that. I been doing my best to make a mockery of the fine art, taught in the last episode of Pat's Fligometry 101, to mass producing such hideous floating beasts on the hook, that I am sure when seen on our next outing, they will by themselves, takeover the newscycle as people speak of alien invasion or mutated water beasts they witnessed firsthand. Hell, maybe they will even catch a fish - lets go find out.
i personally quit beliving most any information involving "china reports" years ago
and ksl isnt eggzackly my go to source for world news but yall are free to believe what you want in this great country
i did find this link and other links within it useful and holdin information of what i believe to be more truthful reports
and a nice letter to #herbiethelameduck
https://asafishing.org/keep-america-fishing-covid-19/
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
(04-02-2020, 07:45 PM)dubob Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 06:40 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Living in Davis County, as I understand the current rules, there really isn't anywhere I can legally launch my boat right now.

Kent,

That is definitely not true.  There are many places you can legally launch a boat right now.  Whether you want to actually fish those ponds is an entirely different story.  Close by, you will have a couple of options: Mantua and Pineview come to mind.  I little further out, in a few weeks or so will be Lost Creek.  And then there is Bear Lake.  There are at least two boat launches there that aren't part of the State Park system up there.  The Utah side of the lake State Park does not include 99.99% of the lake itself within it's boundries.  There is one private launch in Garden City, UT and one lauch in St Charles, ID.  Utah Lake is wide open for your fishing pleasure at the present time.  So, there are several options for you to legally launch your fishing water craft.  Go for it.   Big Grin
With Davis County being under a mandatory stay-at-home order I believe that I would be violating the law to drag my boat out of the county.  Whether or not that is actually the case I will choose to leave the boat parked for now.
Grand-daughter got married Saturday. Now I ask, is this taking "social distancing" a bit too far? Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: gloves-kiss.jpg] [Image: image2gloves-no-kiss.jpg]
Stay safe every body and we will get through this.
BLK
(04-06-2020, 06:01 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Grand-daughter got married Saturday. Now I ask, is this taking "social distancing" a bit too far? Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: gloves-kiss.jpg] [Image: image2gloves-no-kiss.jpg]
Stay safe every body and we will get through this.
BLK

Maybe just a tad. Big Grin