Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's get the parks reopened !!!
Let's all get together on this board, call, write, email, etc the Governers office to get the State Parks reopened to all anglers.  If the Golf Courses can be open,  so should the Parks.  Launch ramps are not socially congregating and being on the water is pretty isolating.  I would be that we can get him to reopen the parks to everyone, no camping, picnicing, but launching should be open !!  Call, write, email today
https://www.ksl.com/article/46737831/gov...tive-order

They are in your own county, now you have to show ID.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
There lies the problem or solution depending on the point of view. My point of view is documented on a different thread.

I sent another message to the Governor.
(04-03-2020, 02:07 PM)Therapist Wrote: Let's all get together on this board, call, write, email, etc the Governers office to get the State Parks reopened to all anglers.  If the Golf Courses can be open,  so should the Parks.  Launch ramps are not socially congregating and being on the water is pretty isolating.  I would be that we can get him to reopen the parks to everyone, no camping, picnicing, but launching should be open !!  Call, write, email today

As someone who lives Midway on the right side of a dogLeg Ninth hole of a Golf course.  This past couple of weeks have been worse with idiots trying to longball it to the hole.  (I don't think my house is going to make it without more broken windows and Stucco  LOL ) I wish they would open the parks back up to give me some time to get in the back yard to do some work without adding another dent to my noggin.  I know they are not "social distancing"If they are going to close the Parks why not the Courses!!!
Most of city golf course here in st.george is closed
So here is another perspective- I am a volunteer firefighter/first responder in a tiny town. 6 member fire department and three EMTs. We respond to highway accidents, ATV wrecks, drunk and disorderly adventures and also try and watch out for the people in our own town, many who are elderly. Vernon reservoir has been packed with people for the last three weekends. Families and folks who want to get away from the city and go fish. No problem right? We are all Americans and have the freedom to do as we please. But guess who gets to respond to any accident/fight/medical emergency that the campers and fishermen have??? That would be our volunteer department. My dad is 80 and has COPD. Everyone of our department members have families and most have members with high risk factors. One young man has a three year old son who was born 2 months premature. All of us will respond to whatever the pager says we need too. And NONE of us will question the need for help. Here's the problem- we don't know who has been exposed to Corvid-19 and every call we take for recreational campers and sportsmen may be the call where WE get exposed. Every small town has these same worries and none of us are paid full time firemen. So when people hit the golf course or reservoir, they put us all at risk. I have a bear tag in San Juan county I'm supposed to be on right now. But I am not. Some things are bigger than me. I waited 16 years for this tag. I hope I can hunt later this year. Off my soapbox now. Y'all do as you please. But never believe your actions don't affect others.
I think we need to keep these to the subject on hand, that of fishing.  This can get out of hand very fast.

You already know my position, those who give up freedom for security get neither.  I have reported this post for inappropriate content, and will take that same hit myself for posting now.
Report what? For having the audacity to speak my opinion? So much for FREEDOM of SPEECH. You enjoy your cruSade to fish as you please. I'll go sit in the corner
(04-04-2020, 12:52 AM)Bovineowner Wrote: So here is another perspective- I am a volunteer firefighter/first responder in a tiny town. 6 member fire department and three EMTs. We respond to highway accidents, ATV wrecks, drunk and disorderly adventures and also try and watch out for the people in our own town, many who are elderly. Vernon reservoir has been packed with people for the last three weekends. Families and folks who want to get away from the city and go fish. No problem right? We are all Americans and have the freedom to do as we please. But guess who gets to respond to any accident/fight/medical emergency that the campers and fishermen have??? That would be our volunteer department. My dad is 80 and has COPD. Everyone of our department members have families and most have members with high risk factors. One young man has a three year old son who was born 2 months premature. All of us will respond to whatever the pager says we need too. And NONE of us will question the need for help. Here's the problem- we don't know who has been exposed to Corvid-19 and every call we take for recreational campers and sportsmen may be the call where WE get exposed. Every small town has these same worries and none of us are paid full time firemen. So when people hit the golf course or reservoir, they put us all at risk. I have a bear tag in San Juan county I'm supposed to be on right now. But I am not. Some things are bigger than me. I waited 16 years for this tag. I hope I can hunt later this year. Off my soapbox now. Y'all do as you please. But never believe your actions don't affect others.

Thank you for all you do! I always admire volunteers! I hope you are safe and your family!
(04-03-2020, 04:49 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: https://www.ksl.com/article/46737831/gov...tive-order

So what if you don't have a State park in your county? Bunch of BULL $HIT !!!
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
(04-04-2020, 12:22 PM)fishing4thehog Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 04:49 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: https://www.ksl.com/article/46737831/gov...tive-order

Then suck it up! Fishing isn't life or death. Bovine owner speaks for many of us that are providing medical and other essential services. Selfish whiners are putting us and our families at unnesseccary additional risk.  Infectious disease has been the number killer of humans forever. It's just in the last 150 years the developed world has greatly reduced that. My friends and I have survived Cholera, Malaria and worked with Ebola outbreaks. This aint nothing to get through compred to any of that.
as a deemed essentail worker, expired emt with at this time no way to recert and someone who im pretty sure has as many voli hours of service as most likely anyone here and vet of the armed services of this country
i suggest not calling people whiners
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
(04-04-2020, 02:15 PM)fishskibum Wrote: as a deemed essentail worker, expired emt with at this time no way to recert and someone who im pretty sure has as many voli hours of service as most likely anyone here and vet of the armed services of this country

I wouldn't normally but when others selfishly want to place others at unnessary risk it's hard not to call it like it is. Hey maybe one day he can tell his grandkids how he sacraficed by but going fishing at his desired state park and did his part in containing coroinavirus.

(04-04-2020, 02:15 PM)fishskibum Wrote: as a deemed essentail worker, expired emt with at this time no way to recert and someone who im pretty sure has as many voli hours of service as most likely anyone here and vet of the armed services of this country

Since you got me replying, let's not forget how the Tea Party didn't even allow the Federal Government to replentish medical supply stockpiles after the swine flu outbreak. Actions of others are putting others at unnessary but predictable risk.
if i can send you a fishing book i got a lot pm me
but if youre going to post  "go ahead end the world" hysteria or act like you and people who are not my friends have no culpibility in
 the diseses you survived im going to write you off as another virtue signaling smjw.
cool poli  tea party "black man"  or"orange oompa loompa lookin man" president (racist in my eyes and a lot of others) rant edit bro
aint there a  better forum for that poop?
this one should be about
[Image: IMG_6526_zpssd3trbv7.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6531%202_zpstuigvzjm.jpg]
poopfishin
I reported Joe-Hill's post (sorry Joe, I had to use somebodies post - no hard feelings about your actual post).  All I said was this belongs in another forum.  It really has no business in this forum.  I hope one of the moderators will move it to an appropriate forum.   
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(04-04-2020, 04:47 PM)dubob Wrote: I reported Joe-Hill's post (sorry Joe, I had to use somebodies post - no hard feelings about your actual post).  All I said was this belongs in another forum.  It really has no business in this forum.  I hope on of the moderators will kove it to an appropriate forum.   

No problem. I'm going the route of Fishnskibum and letting my License expire by the end of the year (retire). Hopefully I'll mellow and ignore others selfishly putting others at risk.
(04-04-2020, 12:22 PM)fishing4thehog Wrote:

There are so many more places to fish and recreate in Utah than at a State Park.
(04-04-2020, 05:12 PM)Joe_Hill Wrote: No problem. I'm going the route of Fishnskibum and letting my License expire by the end of the year (retire). Hopefully I'll mellow and ignore others selfishly putting others at risk.

I couldn't care less what he does or posts, but hope you mellow and reconsider what fishing means in your life.  I'll just leave you with these two thoughts.

“Sometimes you have to stop worrying, wondering and doubting. Have faith that things will work out, maybe not how you planned but just how its meant to be.” Anonymous

[Image: WC3.jpg]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I did not post my words to upset or cast blame on folks. I simply wanted to submit another perspective on the crazy world in we all find ourselves. It's my hope that we can come together and look for solutions instead of calling names or disregarding opinions that do not match our own. If I offended anyone, I respectfully ask for understanding from where I'm coming from. I will do my very best to see what you are saying as well. Good luck and God Bless