Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanish cats
I fished from the bank of the SF River where it enters UL today. I fished alone. Cold temp to start but warmed a bit when the sun bulked up. Used a hefty sliding sinker with white bass meat for bait. The current requires a heavy sinker to keep bait in place. Lots of ugly snags with trees, frags, willows, and root balls to rob baited hooks. No time to "play" the fish; set the hook and winch 'em in fast. Only caught three but they were good ones. 

Watched a mink and a muskrat duke it out right in front of me. The rat held his own and the mink looked like he lost the fight. I think the rat was guarding a hole with vulnerable young inside. Mink usually make short work of muskrats.

Enyway, had a good day given the circumstances we are dealing with. Hoping for normalcy soon.
BLK [Image: DSC01056.jpg]
(04-03-2020, 09:37 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: I fished from the bank of the SF River where it enters UL today. I fished alone. Cold temp to start but warmed a bit when the sun bulked up. Used a hefty sliding sinker with white bass meat for bait. The current requires a heavy sinker to keep bait in place. Lots of ugly snags with trees, frags, willows, and root balls to rob baited hooks. No time to "play" the fish; set the hook and winch 'em in fast. Only caught three but they were good ones. 

Watched a mink and a muskrat duke it out right in front of me. The rat held his own and the mink looked like he lost the fight. I think the rat was guarding a hole with vulnerable young inside. Mink usually make short work of muskrats.

Enyway, had a good day given the circumstances we are dealing with. Hoping for normalcy soon.
BLK [Image: DSC01056.jpg]
Good fer ya.  Glad you were able to close up some social distancing with a few kitties.  Been worried about ya.