Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach report 4-3-20
Ice_sled and I met up at LB yesterday morning about 6:30. We went out fishing each in his own boat to keep the virus at bay. We only caught two cats apiece, but we each got a 29.5"er. There's a lot more to the story but I'll get back to that later.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Ya big tease.  We await the details with bait on our breath...or whatever.
Okay, I'll let ya in on it. I already talked to Ice-sled and got the painful details. Ahh... maybe I better not cuz been or Craig can give a better first hand account. Suffice it to say it was a very Sad tale indeed... but it does confirm that really big cats remain to be caught in UL. Also, it is sure to strike fear in the hearts of you northern guys. Rolleyes You northern guys hearing any really big footsteps coming up on you really fast?? Big Grin This is the year of the south.Exclamation
Okay, to extend the tease here's a picture of a couple of really cool cats. Yeah it was 27° when we launched. Had plenty of warmer days on the ice. And the water temperature stayed right at 46°. Guess somebody forgot to tell the cats they weren't sposeta bite when it was that cold. [Image: 0.jpg]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(04-05-2020, 11:19 PM)catchinon Wrote: Okay, to extend the tease here's a picture of a couple of really cool cats. Yeah it was 27° when we launched. Had plenty of warmer days on the ice. And the water temperature stayed right at 46°. Guess somebody forgot to tell the cats they weren't sposeta bite when it was that cold. [Image: 0.jpg]

Thought that looked like you had used Ben's bump board on your fish measurement... So what's the rest of the story as Paul Harvey used to say?  You guys are sure finding better fish in UL than years past... we may be in trouble, but I'm not giving up yet... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Okay, I've got a little time now so I'll tell the rest of the story. I'll make a separate thread for it.