Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is going to happen next + FG pictures
Never let a crisis go to waste
Is anybody watching what the left hand is doing during the coronavirus outbreak. hope they don't take are freedoms a way.  staying home now. did get some fishing in.
Went to Flaming Gorge only time I was close to any one was when I paid for my room and we stayed 6' a way.
and about 6:30pm getting in my truck to go load my boat a fish and game guy stoped to talk, he liked the paper work I had on the dash.
fished mostley for big lake trout but did bring some kokanee home they are good eating from FG this time of year.
I'm trying to learn all I can about the Garmin LiveScope and getting the right angle on the transducer is a big dill.

[Image: 1-trolling.jpg] [Image: 2-FG-lake-trout-live-scope.jpg] [Image: 3-FG-jig.jpg] [Image: 4-Fg-dust-under-water.jpg] [Image: 5-FG-dust-cloud.jpg]
Great looking pictures. I'm glad that you're getting the live scope to work out for you.

It is crazy how fine the silt can be in some areas
When I got my first camera I would just drop it to the bottom and the adjust so that it was about a foot up but sometimes it would take forever for the silt plume to clear out enough to see my lures. It didn't take long to learn to slowly drop it down and not let it hit the bottom at all so that I could see right from the get go.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Thanks for your update and informative pictures.  I'm living the dream of having a livescope vicariously through your reports.
Curious if you were using a diving lure or a dodger/squid? I've known about blow back effect on the downrigger ball caused from trolling, but now I'm wondering how much deeper is my dodger than my ball? If you only had a 15' setback it looks like your lure is 7-10' deeper than your ball.  If my setback is 25-30' is my squid 10-14' deeper than my ball?
when we troll for  lake trout we usually  have a 25 foot set back and set the ball 6 to 10 feet off the bottom . i have seen lakers shoot up off the bottom when the ball goes by which can cause a silt cloud . i'm glad you got out
the lure that catchs the most lakers for us dives 15 feet we have a set back of 100 feet and keep the ball 15 feet of the bottom
most of the time we only run two poles that way
the other two we keep the lures close to the ball and go up and down with them. you need 3 guys  to run the downriggers
the one you can see here is a new one that I just bought.  you can see it under the ball it does not dive but it weighs 6 oz. and 8" long
I think it is going to be a good one I did catch a laker on it that day.
with the Livescope you can see the lakers swim to the lure.  the bad thing is at 100 feet it is hard to see.
(04-05-2020, 12:29 AM)liketrolling Wrote: Never let a crisis go to waste
Is anybody watching what the left hand is doing during the coronavirus outbreak. hope they don't take are freedoms a way.  staying home now. did get some fishing in.
Went to Flaming Gorge only time I was close to any one was when I paid for my room and we stayed 6' a way.
and about 6:30pm getting in my truck to go load my boat a fish and game guy stoped to talk, he liked the paper work I had on the dash.
fished mostley for big lake trout but did bring some kokanee home they are good eating from FG this time of year.
I'm trying to learn all I can about the Garmin LiveScope and getting the right angle on the transducer is a big dill.

[Image: 1-trolling.jpg] [Image: 2-FG-lake-trout-live-scope.jpg] [Image: 3-FG-jig.jpg] [Image: 4-Fg-dust-under-water.jpg] [Image: 5-FG-dust-cloud.jpg]

Beautiful pictures friend.....
Sunrise on the water