Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of Season at the Berry
Here is a video of our last day out at Chicken Creek.   We drove out of the bay maybe half a mile and fished 72 FOW.  Fish were from 10 to 35 feet down with a few bites coming deeeper.  The bite was medium to light.  Smaller tackle, mostly ice flies and green atomic teasers worked much better than anything.  It was a no go on tube jigs, which surprised me.  We put the Aquavue camera down in the water and could see lots and lots of ice flies hatching and all kinds of things to eat in the water, which explains why our catch rate was down.  Last time out our group had about 60 fish day... this time.  The group only had maybe 20. 

The ice was moaning and groanning all day long, by the time we made it back to shore - the ice had heaved up about 2 feet up and was pulling away from the bank.  With these warmer temps the edges look dicy.  

Here is a little video my son made.  https://youtu.be/yRYRIcjiXpY
Nice going!  Looks like your whole group had a blast....Always kinda Sad to know it's the last ice trip for the year...but if ya remember whacha done -- it can even be better next year...Guluk..
Thanks for the report!
(04-08-2020, 05:24 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Nice going!  Looks like your whole group had a blast....Always kinda Sad to know it's the last ice trip for the year...but if ya remember whacha done -- it can even be better next year...Guluk..

Not Sad at all for me can't wait till the Ice comes off, may be the only place I can fish close to me.
lce comes off Soldier creek about two weeks before the strawberry side.
Looks like a fun time was had by all.