Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry- Deer Creek HOT
To bad we can not go fishing

Strawberry Reservoir
Unstable ice
The ice is starting to grey and degrade. Strawberry has received a lot of rain this past week resulting in several layers of soft ice having water in between. This late season ice is very unsafe. We do not recommend anglers fish the ice. Anglers are fishing open water at the Ladders and various bays, and report catching 16- to 19-inch cutthroat trout and 15- to 18-inch rainbow trout. Try using 1/6-once brass/red spot or chrome/red dot Lil Jake Lures, nickel/blue or nickle/chartreuse kastmaster lures, or silver or copper Blue Fox Classic Vibrax Spinners. Also, try using garlic, chartreuse or corn scented PowerBait fished 18- to 24-inches off the bottom using a basic fixed rig or slip rig sinker, or nightcrawler with a kernel of corn, dead red-side shiner, or a white paddle tail jig tipped with nightcrawler fished 20- to 30-inches under a bobber. (04-19-19)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deer Creek Reservoir
Hot
The fishing is hot. Anglers are catching high numbers of 12- to 18-inch rainbow trout from boat, kayak, float tube and shore. Anglers are catching 14- to 18-inch rainbow trout, 15- to 19-inch brown trout, and the occasional walleye. For trolling, try using Williams Wabler spoons, nickel/blue or nickle/chartreuse kastmaster lures or Zona Lures Z Ray spoon. For shore fishing, try using 1/6-once brass/red spot or chrome/red dot Lil Jake Lures, nickel/blue or nickle/chartreuse kastmaster lures, or silver or copper Blue Fox Classic Vibrax Spinners. Also, try using yellow or chartreuse PowerBait fished 15- to 20-inches off the bottom using a basic fixed rig or slip rig sinker, or a bit of nightcrawler with a kernel of corn fished 20- to 25-inches under a bobber. (04-19-19)

I thought that was only state parks we couldnt go outside your county to fish
Here's one for the Flaming Gorge area
https://www.sweetwaternow.com/ashley-nat...two-weeks/
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(04-09-2020, 10:29 AM)Rainy Wrote: I thought that was only state parks we couldnt go outside your county to fish

Some examples are: Wasatch County has closed all outdoor recreation to anyone not living in Wasatch County.  If you live in Davis County (where I live) I don't believe I can legally go outside of the county to fish.
I noticed that the post is dated 4-19-19 toward the end of the paragraphs.  Is that correct? The marina was still solid as of last Friday, 4/3.

Thanks.
I found a old report so posted it.

but there is a post on here I did not want to here (Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area in Daggett County, the Ashley National Forest has decided to close )         Solder creek may be ice free in less than two week, then what will they do.  these guys are going to kill me befor the COVID-19 does.
I heard Wasatch county might be extending their restriction for another 2 months.
(04-09-2020, 09:26 PM)liketrolling Wrote: but there is a post on here I did not want to here (Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area in Daggett County, the Ashley National Forest has decided to close )
Robert, here is what the Ashley NF website says is closed as of this morning.
USDA, FS, ASHLEY NATIONAL FOREST, FLAMING GORGE NRA Wrote:STATELINE COVE AREA CLOSED TO PUBLIC ENTRY
Stateline Cove Area - all National Forest System Lands within 500 feet on either side of the following (Roads are Closed): Forest Service Road (FSR 075, 150). This area is located approximately 4.5 miles north of Manila, Utah.

SWIM BEACH DAY USE AREA
Swim Beach Day Use Area – all National Forest System Lands within 500 feet on either side of the following (Roads are Closed): Forest Service Road (FSR 536). This area is located approximately 4.6 miles north of Manila, Utah.

LINWOOD BAY DISPERSED CAMPING AREAS (GRAVEL PIT) AREAS
Order Number: 0402-00-58 Linwood Bay Dispersed Camping Areas- all National Forest System Lands within the following (Roads are Closed): Linwood Bay Dispersed Camping Areas (Gravel Pit) Areas. (Service Roads FSR’s 071, 365, 801). This area is approximately 4.4 miles north of Manila, Utah.
It doesn't appear that any portion of the water is closed - yet.  But stay tuned; that could change at any time in the future.  Here is a link to the document that spells out the closure information:
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE FOREST SERVICE ASHLEY NATIONAL FOREST FLAMING GORGE NATIONAL RECREATION AREA AREA CLOSURE
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
My interpretation of Flaming Gorge Ashley NF led me to think access to the lake outside of areas mentioned were open such as Anvil Draw. I have read first original closures which included restrooms-flushing toilets & vaulted were to be locked. No trash bins/cans or any type of services will be available. One could call ahead to see if access to the lake is possible or just take a chance driving there. The problem I see with either of these is what you find out with a call from a desk jockey could be different of that at access points with or without barracades. The "stay home stay local" keeps being pushed no matter what we do.
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(04-10-2020, 02:16 PM)Bduck Wrote: My interpretation of Flaming Gorge Ashley NF led me to think access to the lake outside of areas mentioned were open such as Anvil Draw. I have read first original closures which included restrooms-flushing toilets & vaulted were to be locked. No trash bins/cans or any type of services will be available. One could call ahead to see if access to the lake is possible or just take a chance driving there. The problem I see with either of these is what you find out with a call from a desk jockey could be different of that at access points with or without barracades. The "stay home stay local" keeps being pushed no matter what we do.
Can't/won't disagree with any of what you said.  One of the reasons I'm not driving over there until all of the sanctions have been lifted.  I can wait.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(04-09-2020, 05:56 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 10:29 AM)Rainy Wrote: I thought that was only state parks we couldnt go outside your county to fish

Some examples are: Wasatch County has closed all outdoor recreation to anyone not living in Wasatch County.  If you live in Davis County (where I live) I don't believe I can legally go outside of the county to fish.

So, I have checked the Wasatch Co. website and looked at their COVID-19 restrictions, and I don't see any additional restrictions other than those the State has posted.  Basically, just the State Parks are off-limits to non-residents of the county.  If somebody can give me the link or post the document that says otherwise, I'd appreciate it.
(04-10-2020, 05:06 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: So, I have checked the Wasatch Co. website and looked at their COVID-19 restrictions, and I don't see any additional restrictions other than those the State has posted. Basically, just the State Parks are off-limits to non-residents of the county. If somebody can give me the link or post the document that says otherwise, I'd appreciate it.

You will find the quote below at the 7th bullet point down on Page 1 at this link: WASATCH COUNTY HEALTH OFFICER PUBLIC HEALTH ORDER TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC FROM COVID-19
SUMMARY Wrote:"Recreational visitors may not come and recreate in Wasatch County, including for outdoor recreation and camping."

If you don't be a county resident, you be a visitor and you be not welcome.   Cool
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(04-10-2020, 02:48 PM)dubob Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 02:16 PM)Bduck Wrote: My interpretation of Flaming Gorge Ashley NF led me to think access to the lake outside of areas mentioned were open such as Anvil Draw. I have read first original closures which included restrooms-flushing toilets & vaulted were to be locked. No trash bins/cans or any type of services will be available. One could call ahead to see if access to the lake is possible or just take a chance driving there. The problem I see with either of these is what you find out with a call from a desk jockey could be different of that at access points with or without barracades. The "stay home stay local" keeps being pushed no matter what we do.

Can't/won't disagree with any of what you said.  One of the reasons I'm not driving over there until all of the sanctions have been lifted.  I can wait.
Unless I hear something solid saying we can launch & recreate while still isolating my ars will stay put. Oh well, have plenty of time doing boat projects, prep for seasonal use(which covers pretty much 365) and lure inspections.  Big Grin
Harrisville UT
dubob pid= Wrote:
MWScott72 pid= Wrote:So, I have checked the Wasatch Co. website and looked at their COVID-19 restrictions, and I don't see any additional restrictions other than those the State has posted. Basically, just the State Parks are off-limits to non-residents of the county. If somebody can give me the link or post the document that says otherwise, I'd appreciate it.

You will find the quote below at the 7th bullet point down on Page 1 at this link: WASATCH COUNTY HEALTH OFFICER PUBLIC HEALTH ORDER TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC FROM COVID-19

SUMMARY Wrote:"Recreational visitors may not come and recreate in Wasatch County, including for outdoor recreation and camping."

If you don't be a county resident, you be a visitor and you be not welcome.   Cool

Thx Bob
liketrolling pid= Wrote:To bad we can not go fishing

Strawberry Reservoir
Unstable ice
The ice is starting to grey and degrade. Strawberry has received a lot of rain this past week resulting in several layers of soft ice having water in between. This late season ice is very unsafe. We do not recommend anglers fish the ice. Anglers are fishing open water at the Ladders and various bays, and report catching 16- to 19-inch cutthroat trout and 15- to 18-inch rainbow trout. Try using 1/6-once brass/red spot or chrome/red dot Lil Jake Lures, nickel/blue or nickle/chartreuse kastmaster lures, or silver or copper Blue Fox Classic Vibrax Spinners. Also, try using garlic, chartreuse or corn scented PowerBait fished 18- to 24-inches off the bottom using a basic fixed rig or slip rig sinker, or nightcrawler with a kernel of corn, dead red-side shiner, or a white paddle tail jig tipped with nightcrawler fished 20- to 30-inches under a bobber. (04-19-19)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deer Creek Reservoir
Hot
The fishing is hot. Anglers are catching high numbers of 12- to 18-inch rainbow trout from boat, kayak, float tube and shore. Anglers are catching 14- to 18-inch rainbow trout, 15- to 19-inch brown trout, and the occasional walleye. For trolling, try using Williams Wabler spoons, nickel/blue or nickle/chartreuse kastmaster lures or Zona Lures Z Ray spoon. For shore fishing, try using 1/6-once brass/red spot or chrome/red dot Lil Jake Lures, nickel/blue or nickle/chartreuse kastmaster lures, or silver or copper Blue Fox Classic Vibrax Spinners. Also, try using yellow or chartreuse PowerBait fished 15- to 20-inches off the bottom using a basic fixed rig or slip rig sinker, or a bit of nightcrawler with a kernel of corn fished 20- to 25-inches under a bobber. (04-19-19)

[Image: IMG-0190.png]
It's looks like a good week starting April 20 according to this lunar table. While some areas of the country are still going thru hot spots our lakes also enduring some hot spots. It would be nice if restrictions started easing up.
Harrisville UT
(04-12-2020, 12:22 AM)Bduck Wrote: [Image: IMG-0190.png]

I was SUPPOSED to be at Lake Powell April 20 - 24.   Sad
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(04-12-2020, 12:09 PM)dubob Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 12:22 AM)Bduck Wrote: [Image: IMG-0190.png]

I was SUPPOSED to be at Lake Powell April 20 - 24.   Sad

I asked the kids if they wanted to go to Powell the day before they announced closing everything down there. We have plans to go out for a week in, May, but who knows at this point. I think May/June is going to be shot and we're looking at, July.