Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All drain plugs out?
It also said that all boaters now must complete the online mussel quiz and siaplay the certifictae, not just fill out those daily sheets.

If that's an accurate report, it's the first I've heard about it - and something we all need to be aware of.

Edit to add: I tried posting a link to the article, but in its usual inept style, the SE search function tells me there is no such article - despite it having run in today's paper.
(04-09-2020, 12:31 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: It also said that all boaters now must complete the online mussel quiz and siaplay the certifictae, not just fill out those daily sheets.

If that's an accurate report, it's the first I've heard about it - and something we all need to be aware of.

Edit to add: I tried posting a link to the article, but in its usual inept style, the SE search function tells me there is no such article - despite it having run in today's paper.
And make sure you put them back in.
Yep, failure to remove a drain plug and moving your boat on a public road will be a citable offense.  Some folks will forget and learn the hard way.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Somehow, when I edited that, the forum cut off my first paragraph. In it, I said that the article appeared in today's SubStandard Exaggerator, and that it covers not just boats leaving Powell (which was the old rule) but all boats, everywhere.

Stupid forum.
(04-09-2020, 01:58 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Stupid forum.
As we digress more and more into our second childhood, this becomes more and more evident.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Drain plug removal should have been automatic from the beginning. When I had my IO boat I pulled all plugs even the engine drains as if I was winterizing. I have been watching for a long time now certain inspections on another forum how they were being conducted at lakes in another state, all boaters pay a fee for the inspection according to length of boat. As rediculous as some inspections were going eventually they would domino effect elsewhere. A for instance is having a wet pee bucket would prevent launching until that bucket became a surendered gift to the inspectors, combating effects to the inspectors. All someone has to do is flip bucket over with opening facing down draining to dry. A washdown hose holds water along with your pump, drain them. Aerators same thing, anything that gets wet make sure its dry. Now its a rain storm that you traveled thru to your vacation destination putting water throughout the boat preventing a launch which can wreac havoc on your vacation plans. Sh** happens. This is what its coming to antics at the inspection stations. When you cross the state line into Wyoming FG bound they are looking for drain plugs installed, same with Idaho.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(04-09-2020, 02:24 PM)Bduck Wrote: When you cross the state line into Wyoming FG bound they are looking for drain plugs installed.

You want to try that again Roger?   Smile
WG&FD Website Wrote:All bilge/ballast/live well plugs must be removed from the watercraft while transported by land in the state.

WG&FD AIS Boating Information
I also called the Idaho AIS Office and found out that currently, Idaho has NO reqirement concerning boat plugs - in OR out.  It's the boat owners choice in Idaho.

I'm not picking on you Roger.  I just have plenty of time on my hands to research these little things.  Got to keep from going insane from being bored out of my mind - don't cha know.  
Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah