Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek yesterday
I snuck out to Deer Creek after work for a couple of hours yesterday evening.  I've lost my thermometer but the water felt cold. No sign -- for me, anyway -- of prespawn smallmouths yet.  I did pick up a couple of nice rainbows.  A beautiful, calm evening on the water. [Image: 4-8-rainbow.jpg]
Do you know if you can launch a float tube at DC in a non state park area if you're not a Wasatch county resident?
I would avoid state parks if you do not live in that county.
(04-09-2020, 04:27 PM)Eball_111 Wrote: Do you know if you can launch a float tube at DC in a non state park area if you're not a Wasatch county resident?

If you are NOT a Washington Wasatch County resident, you can NOT fish in ANY Wasatch County body of water state park or not.  Summit County is the same.  Utah lake, the last I heard, is still open to non-county residents EXCEPT in the State Park portion which cover less than 1% of the actual lake.  But the speed at which these things are changing would impress a drag car racer.  Oh, and for what it's worth, every square inch of Deer Creek Reservoir is INSIDE the State Park boundary.  So, it isn't possible to float a water vessel of any type at Deer Creek in a non Sate Park area.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
The water temp on Monday was averaging around 47 degrees. A long ways from spawn temperatures.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
It's going to be a Sad summer
(04-09-2020, 06:30 PM)dubob Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 04:27 PM)Eball_111 Wrote: Do you know if you can launch a float tube at DC in a non state park area if you're not a Wasatch county resident?

If you are NOT a Washington County resident, you can NOT fish in ANY Wasatch County body of water state park or not. 

Wow Bob, that is one strange restriction that one has to be a resident of the St. George area in order to be able to fish in Wasatch County. Undecided
Bob, did you mean Wasatch County resident? That's how I understand it at least.
So you guys really ARE awake and paying attention.  Obviously, I wasn't when I wrote that.  I will endeavor to do better today.  Y'all stay safe now - and don't fish Deer Creek unless you live in Washington Wasatch County.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(04-10-2020, 12:21 PM)dubob Wrote: Obviously, I wasn't when I wrote that.
You may want to take a litttle more time sitting in the boat today to stay on top of your game. Wink
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Can someone either post the link or actual document that forbids fishing in ALL Wasatch Co. waters.  I understand the State Parks, but I haven't been able to find any written documentation that everything else is closed...and if it ain't written, it didn't happen.
Here is the link to the Wasatch County Order that prohibits any non county resident from recreating anywhere in Wasatch county:

http://coronavirus.wasatch.utah.gov/Port...0_2020.pdf
(04-10-2020, 08:04 PM)FishfulThinkin Wrote: Here is the link to the Wasatch County Order that prohibits any non county resident from recreating anywhere in Wasatch county:

http://coronavirus.wasatch.utah.gov/Port...0_2020.pdf

Thanks for sharing that but in my own opinion.  That's dumb!!
Yeah, I have my own opinions also about it but I was just responding to MWScott72 who had not seen the written order.