Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Best Tiger Trout
In an effort to bolster spirits, I thought it was time to share a few photos I have been sitting on. I will not be giving any dates or locations, but I will say this fish was caught in Utah sometime in the last 12 months, in one of the many small lakes and reservoirs that the DWR has been stocking with tigers.  It tipped the scales at 8 lbs. 4 oz. and was 24" long. It had a 8" and 10" planter trout in its gullet. It was caught on 6 lb test line, 1/16 oz. jig, and 3" Gulp minnow.
[Image: IMG-20200407-182430524b.jpg]
(04-09-2020, 06:09 PM)fish_digger Wrote: In an effort to bolster spirits, I thought it was time to share a few photos I have been sitting on. I will not be giving any dates or locations, but I will say this fish was caught in Utah sometime in the last 12 months, in one of the many small lakes and reservoirs that the DWR has been stocking with tigers.  It tipped the scales at 8 lbs. 4 oz. and was 24" long. It had a 8" and 10" planter trout in its gullet. It was caught on 6 lb test line, 1/16 oz. jig, and 3" Gulp minnow.
[Image: IMG-20200407-182430524b.jpg]
Wow, Great fish. Not giving any GPS cordinates and date is just not right though. I am Sadder now than before since I can't go try to catch one like that. 

Joking!

Thanks for sharing. 
fnf Cool
Possibly wrong picture?
(04-09-2020, 06:39 PM)EyLayo Wrote: Possibly wrong picture?

Right picture, unfortunately the sun glare off the fish is obscuring the classic tiger worm pattern.
Sorry for the confusion. I was hoping to see a fish, all that was coming up was a digital frowning face when I clicked the picture square. I thought maybe you uploaded an uppsupported picture.  I now see the picture. Looks good. Carry on
(04-09-2020, 07:09 PM)EyLayo Wrote: Sorry for the confusion. I was hoping to see a fish, all that was coming up was a digital frowning face when I clicked the picture square. I thought maybe you uploaded an uppsupported picture.  I now see the picture. Looks good. Carry on

The problem is not with the fish...but the fisherman.  Some of us want justice.  Others want mercy.

Seriously, Dan is a superb angler and catches lots of enviable fish in an "average" year.  The "secrets" are that he invests the time and difficulty to go to spots that have big fish...and which are not on everybody's target list.  And then he is pretty good at doping out the lure dujour and the proper presentations.  In other words...he works at it and is usually rewarded.
Hey no sweat here. I wasn’t questioning the posters ability to catch fish or (guessing by his response) challenging his ability to identify fish. I simply wanted to view someone’s advertised personal best catch. It wasn’t showing on my screen, so I posed the question whether it was a wrong picture or not. Next time I’ll wait for the system to catch up before responding. Here’s to hoping he posts more of his best fish.
that would certainly qualify as a trophy in mine and mosts books
especially on light line and well worthy of sharing/braggin rites
made me Smile
i personally dont quantify much
but i do likes me sum tiggers
and this would be my favorite picture
that damn dog lived for the catching and sniffing fish
[Image: IMG_2994_zpsmwboqgw1.jpg]
mur tiggers
[Image: IMG_2988_zpsgdgrztvl.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3041_zpsxukf5jcy.jpg][Image: IMG_3038_zps8ft1lu3i.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2981_zpsjozhkxak.jpg]
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
Your dog reminds me of my Alaskan Malamutes that would go backpacking in the Uintas. They lived to inspect and sniff every fish I caught. They also loved stunted brook trout sushi... They also never complained about carrying 20 lbs of gear.