Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Where to fish for Davis County resident?
I saw that fishing at State Parks was out unless you are a resident of the County the Park is in, so since Davis is lacking in State Park fisheries, I thought I would try a community pond.  I've been to Bountiful pond once before, so planned on going there.  

Just to be safe, i decided to see what the order for Davis actually stated.  The copy I found had one sentence that stopped me dead in my tracks.  It is a "Mandatory" order and states ...  It directs all individuals to stay at home except to engage in essential activities, which includes going to work in industries deemed as necessary.  It doesn't have any exception for fishing that I could find.

So I interpret the order to mean no fishing anywhere in the County.   Am I wrong?
That is what I understand, Davis is to "Stay at home".  But, ........ if I lived in Davis County, not only would I be sure to vote those politicians out next time, I would have a very very difficult time staying locked inside my apt.  Others on this site will not agree, and I bet you can figure out which ones are willing to give up freedoms in the hopes of security.

On a side note, I emailed the State Parks Pass to see when we will get our refund for the invalid/false Parks Pass the state issued this year.  So far, no response at all.  I think that perhaps if all of Davis County did the same thing that it would at least get a response; Maybe, perhaps.
(04-11-2020, 03:18 AM)Anglinarcher Wrote: On a side note, I emailed the State Parks Pass to see when we will get our refund for the invalid/false Parks Pass the state issued this year.  So far, no response at all.  I think that perhaps if all of Davis County did the same thing that it would at least get a response; Maybe, perhaps.
No way; no how!  Ain't happnin'!  But hey, your dime, your time; go for it!   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(04-11-2020, 02:23 AM)Crimson Wrote: I saw that fishing at State Parks was out unless you are a resident of the County the Park is in, so since Davis is lacking in State Park fisheries, I thought I would try a community pond.  I've been to Bountiful pond once before, so planned on going there.  

Just to be safe, i decided to see what the order for Davis actually stated.  The copy I found had one sentence that stopped me dead in my tracks.  It is a "Mandatory" order and states ...  It directs all individuals to stay at home except to engage in essential activities, which includes going to work in industries deemed as necessary.  It doesn't have any exception for fishing that I could find.

So I interpret the order to mean no fishing anywhere in the County.   Am I wrong?

Try maybe Pineview, not a state park, Mantua, Cutler, or most any accessible spot of the Bear, Weber, Ogden, Logan, Malad rivers.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
From the Davis County Public Health Order, dated April1, 2020 (it is NOT an April Fools prank/joke):
Davis County Public Health Order Wrote:Essential Activities
  • Essential activities or tasks are those deemed necessary for the health, safety, and well-being of an individual, their family, household members, or pets.
  • Leaving home for essential activities is permitted if social distancing and hygiene standards are followed.
  • These activities may include obtaining medical supplies or medication, seeking emergency services, or visiting a healthcare or behavioral professional.

So, it can plainly be seen that you can legally leave your home for essential activities.  What constitutes an essential activity?  The order names a couple of things, but that listing is not all inclusive.  It says ‘MAY INCLUDE’ leaving it open to include other activities.  So what other activities might be include?  You might want to look at the FAQ presented by Davis County.

1[sup]st[/sup] Q: Can I travel from one county to another county? A: Yes, if you have an ‘essential’ reason to do so.

2[sup]nd[/sup] Q: Can I spend time outdoors?  A: Yes, it is okay to go on a walk, run, hike, bike ride, or 'similar activity' that can be done while keeping a safe distance from others.

3[sup]rd[/sup] Q: How does Davis County Public Health Order apply to golf courses?  A: Davis County golf courses have taken measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. Golf courses can stay open, as long as individuals practice social distancing by not gathering in groups and by staying six feet apart from other people.

Again, from all of that, I can plainly see that fishing would be allowed in Davis County or in any other county that doesn’t prohibit non-county residents from visiting and doing so.  Outdoor activities ARE allowed; fishing is a ‘similar’ activity to those specifically listed (hike, bike, or golf); and fishing can be done while observing the social distancing and hygiene standards.

I don’t live in Davis County, but if I did, I wouldn’t hesitate one second to go to a lake or stream I can legal fish in, such as Lost Creek Reservoir, Utah Lake, or the Provo River to name a few.  If you live in Davis County and think that you can’t do that, then I believe you are reading things into the Public Health Order that just are NOT there.  You have NOT been placed into a gulag.  You have choices – limited choices yes – but choices none the less.  It’s your life; live it to the best of your abilities within the guidelines you’ve been given in these very trying times.  That is all.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
A lot of good replies!   I think I'll try Pineview or Mantua from shore.  Should be no problem as long as I keep a good distance from others. Smile
It says "activities" and it also says "well being"...
I would say that covers fishing for many of us.  Well being of self, children, spouse, neighbors, just sayin.

As far as staying in Davis county, you have some options.
Bountiful Pond, Kaysville Ponds, Farmington Pond, Holmes Res. Adams Res. Naybe Pond, Clinton Pond, Steed pond, Jensen nature park pond, and the Weber river from Devils Gate to the pedestrian bridge below South Weber.
esential activities, for me at my age is fishing.  20 years ago it would have been working and sports.   (fishing keeps me from going nuts)
I can go fishing alone and never be close to any one
I have been dreaming about fishing in Idaho. ( I have a  nonresident license)  every thing you read says stay at home, but if you read between the lines you can go.  (Need a fishing attorney)
now  our utah Governor Issues Executive Order on Inbound Travel

https://coronavirus.utah.gov/governor-is...nd-travel/

[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: giphy.gif]
I just returned from Bear River Bird Refuge. That road from I15 west towards the water fowl hunting area at the bridges is approx. 11 miles. There are many access points available to the public, and many of them were in use today. I myself was on the river in my boat, alone. Can't think of a better social distancing than that.  Closest I got to anyone that whole trip, was talking to John. He on one side of my truck, and me prepping my boat to launch. Probably always 8-10 feet apart. 
Now I didn't catch anything today, but I was out in the fresh air, away from any other human being, and just being on the water was a stress relief that was needed and waited for all week.  

[Image: 018.jpg]

Looking up river (east) at 9:19 a.m. about 20 min. after launching
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(04-11-2020, 02:23 AM)Crimson Wrote: I saw that fishing at State Parks was out unless you are a resident of the County the Park is in, so since Davis is lacking in State Park fisheries, I thought I would try a community pond.  I've been to Bountiful pond once before, so planned on going there.  

There are some other options that are close in Davis County.

Hobbs Reservoir, Holmes Creek Reservoir, Andy Adams Reservoir, Farmington pond, and Kaysville pond to name just a few besides the Bountiful pond.

Good Luck & Stay Safe!!
Mabey Pond is little but can be fun with a variety of fish.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.