Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Used my State Parks Pass
I used my State Parks pass this evening at the only venue open to Davis County residents, Antelope Island. I was checked at the gate for residency and still had to pay the $2 causeway fee. I was tempted to throw in the poles and pull the boat out there just to see the look on the face of the gate attendant. Do you think they would check my mussel certification or want to decontaminte the boat after I pulled it out if the lake?

There is actually a nice protected marina on the other side of the causeway, with the docks in place. Could probably moor about 50 boats with a nice state parks boat tied up at the end of one of the docks. Guess I should have tried for the brine shrimp record but ended up enjoying time with my wife and checking out various small herds of bison. The highlight was the big bull bison rubbing his winter coat off on a big rock right next to the road. Stay safe everyone. This too shall pass.
[Image: IMG-20200411-192046.jpg]
Glad to hear you're getting out with your parks pass, looks like the only place I can use mine is at Willard. Nice shot of the bison.
I wish I could go to Willard, the cat bite right now is pretty good I hear. I also want to try out my new fish finder on the boat. Downscan, sidescan, mapping feature, GPS course tracking, etc. I'm itching to get it out.
Sounds like a nice new system, I wish you could get on Willard as well (and maybe have me tag along ?). Like you said this will pass. I'd like it to be soon.