Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looks like I can fish Utah Lake, no state park.
I Live 21 Miles and 24 min. away from American Fork Boat Harbor
Never fished Utah Lake before. (so Looks like it is about time)
don't know where to fish are what to use
but I will have my Garmin LiveScope to play with, it may take we 5 days to find them . 
but maybe it will be better than going to Idaho. and maybe ending up in jail.
Not sure about AF other that the river inlet, but saratoga if they will let you launch, south toward pelican and goose point towards the knolls, might be better for your kind of fishing, OH and you probaly wont need you down riggers,  if you have side planers, try to run along the edges on the west side, anywhere there is a rocky bottom,  shallow running rapalas in various colors, perch and black and silver shad raps, eyes are anywhere from 3 to bout 8 ft water, It will keep you busy anyway
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
saratoga have never been there, but I can drive my boat to the west side
I'm not afraid to jig not to good at it. also I have some home made float hooks (not as good as Pats but have caught cats on them moveing about .5 mph) at willard

Thanks for the help   and I like this part { OH and you probaly wont need you down riggers,]  [/size]
Hey LT, yeah there is a learning curve for you and me - former kokanee fishermen. You can launch at Lincoln Beach - it is not a state park and not too crowded on the weekdays.
(04-13-2020, 04:37 AM)brookie Wrote: Hey LT, yeah there is a learning curve for you and me - former kokanee fishermen. You can launch at Lincoln Beach - it is not a state park and not too crowded on the weekdays.

All true; however, he would pay more for gas to drive from all the way on the north to Lincoln Beach than just paying the launch fee and launch at American Fork (which is also not a state park).
KB said there's some good bass fishing near Utah Lake. Been wanting to checkout that area west of Patriot park.
Heres a couple areas to try for all kinds of fish.
[Image: bird.png] [Image: LB-secret-spots.png]
               O.C.F.D.
I got my boat out of winter storage on Saturday AM and after finishing spring maintenance, my son and I decided to head down to UL (we live in SL county) to at least get on the water.  We launched from the AF boat harbor about 1:30pm.  We were met at the gate by an attendant and Officer Friendly from the DNR.  No hassles getting in to launch (after paying the $8 fee) but the officer did check my boat registration puportedly to ensure that I had not been at Lake Powell in the last 30 days.

There were about 20 other boat trailers in the lot and 3-4 launching around the same time we did.  I have not fished UL for years so I have no secret spots but we cruised over near the pump house by the Jordan River outlet and fished that general area for the next hour or so with no luck.  Saw plenty of fish on the finder but could not put anything in the water that would entice a hit. 

The weather was great and the lake was calm and flat so we decided to cruise across the lake to the old Geneva bubble up. We fished in that general area and both my son and I were each able to hook up with what I would call typcial UL white bass. I caught mine on a gold spoon and he caught his on bait, but again we saw way more fish on the finder but little action.  A small weather front blew in while we were there so we eventually decided to head back over to the harbor.  We fished briefly outside the harbor, same story, could see them on the finder but no action.  We finally trailered the boat around 4:30 and headed home.  There were plenty of folks fishing from the bank at the harbor and we saw 1-2 guys catching.

All-in-all we felt good about the trip, but would have preferred to be at Jordanelle or Deer Creek.  Hope the State Park nonsense is ended soon.
Robert, Mike gave you some excellent areas to fish out of Lincoln Beach, especially if you want to try for walleyes. If you want to meet me there any time I can show you how to get the cats. I keep hoping I'll pick up some eyes while dragging the bottom for cats but it hasn't happened. Problem is that the walleye like the rocks and I purely hate getting hung up and losing rigs so I avoid those areas. Anyway, we could fish each in his own boat for safety so let me know if that would work for you. It's almost exactly the same time and distance for each of us to go to AF but I don't know that area at all. Let me know what you think.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(04-13-2020, 07:23 PM)catchinon Wrote: Robert, Mike gave you some excellent areas to fish out of Lincoln Beach, especially if you want to try for walleyes.
They also hold a lot of cats, WB, perch, crappie, smallies and LMB, beside eyes in the outlined areas, I am moving over to unhook jigs all the time, more at the island. saturday the WB had moved into my spot, turned atleast 40 back,
               O.C.F.D.
How were you catching the wb? I need some for cat bait but haven't caught any so far.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

went to Saratoga Springs  Marina  I did not know that was there< I use to hunt ducks there when I was  a kid
Did not fish wind was to bad put my boat in the water just to see what my garmin live scope looked like not sure what I was seeing was real because my boat was rolling so bad   but I was seeing fish even close to the top
[Image: DSCN2365.jpg] [Image: DSCN2371.jpg]