Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek on your honor
Drove up to Deer Cr yesterday and only saw 1 boat on the lake. It was cold and windy but there are usually a few boats out there during those kinds of conditions. At the main launch there was an electronic billboard notifying that it was open only to county residents. No one in the booth. At the island launch there wasn't anyone in the booth. So I guess you have to follow your conscience. 

The rangers were putting in the regular dock at the island ramp.

I passed by Rockport yesterday and there wasn't any notices in any of the pullouts along the highway. No one was out on the lake.

My hope is the government will open up the state parks with common sense restrictions.
Thanks for the info, I have a lot there for storing my trailer but havent been able to use it yet, I also have several weeks throughout the summer booked sure hope I get to use them. Living in davis county really sucks as I cant use any water other than mantua to fish.
When I went Friday the island actualy had a person in the booth but all that was asked was where I was with the boat and what was my zip code. Nothing more to prove where I live.

So yeah it seems that most of this will be on the honor system.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(04-14-2020, 05:37 PM)PACKFAN Wrote: Thanks for the info, I have a lot there for storing my trailer but havent been able to use it yet, I also have several weeks throughout the summer booked sure hope I get to use them. Living in davis county really sucks as I cant use any water other than mantua to fish.

Come on Pete - you can also fish Newton, Lost Creek, and Porcupine to name a few.  And the Gorge is still good to go.  And lets not forget all those Davis County local ponds.  Lots of choices my friend.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."