Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge out for non-residents
Wyoming G & F suspended all sales of daily and 5 day non-resident fishing licenses. They will still sell you an annual but no short term licenses so you'll have to pony up $102 for that. If you plan to go there several times maybe that works for you.
Sunrise on the water
[font]As a nonresident of WY and UT resident I'm glad my WY recipricol is not effected. [/font]
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(04-15-2020, 08:37 PM)WET1 Wrote: Wyoming G & F suspended all sales of daily and 5 day non-resident fishing licenses. They will still sell you an annual but no short term licenses so you'll have to pony up $102 for that. If you plan to go there several times maybe that works for you.

Todd,

If you live in Utah and want to go fish the Gorge, you still can.  All you need is the $30 Reciprocity Stamp along with your Utah license.  I just checked, and the Reciprocity Stamp is still available to purchase on-line.  And if you stage out of anywhere in Utah and return to Utah each day, then the Wyoming 14-day self quarantine directive doesn't apply to you as you would be just passing through and would be exempt.

If you are a Wyoming non-resident visitor from any state except Utah, then yes - you will have to buy an annual fishing license in order to fish the Gorge unless you had already purchased a daily/5-day license before the latest directive took effect and you would have to self quarantine for 14 days BEFORE you could actually go fish.  At least that's the way I read the latest directive aimed at Wyoming non-residents.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."