Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any white bass to loan?
Randy I wish I could help you, but since I am in a more vulnerable group to the virus I have to stick to strict social distancing. When the danger is past I'd love to host you.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(04-22-2020, 12:17 PM)catchinon Wrote: Randy and Kent, do you mind sharing what baits you have used and what worked best? I've only been doing this catfishing for a couple of years, and haven't find anything better than wb. Shrimp and worm works okay in my experience and early on I caught some on chicken liver. They turned up their noses at perch, Little Smokies and hotdogs (as I say, in my experience). Kool-Aid/Jello/garlic chicken worked fine. 

I hope you two can get down here and join one of our mini-flotillas soon. May's a coming. I saw 61° water yesterday.

I catch some on cut bait white bass but often do better on raw shrimp, cut bait chub, cut bait carp, whole chubs (when I can get some that aren't too huge), and last year I did great on garlic chicken livers.  I have found that if I added 1/2 of a crawler to the cut bait or the shrimp that often worked well. As you can see, I like to try a wide variety of baits.