Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
state parks open, YEEHAW
Gov tweeted to open to all  see https://twitter.com/UtahCoronavirus/stat...71808?s=20
(04-17-2020, 07:31 PM)Totallyswede Wrote: Gov tweeted to open to all  see https://twitter.com/UtahCoronavirus/stat...71808?s=20
This is from Utah State Parks website:Updated: 04/17/2020; 1:30 p.m. Park Open: Parks open to all visitors — except those state parks under local health order restrictions. Exception seems to be state parks under local health order restrictions. Not sure what this list is.
I heard that on the radio coming home from Utah Lake
so going to  SCOFIELD tomorrow my son wants to go there.
just looking at this, does not look like it has benn updated at 1:49 PM
https://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/scofield/
List updated at 1:53 PM today.  The two that I am most interested in are open (Utah Lake and Willard Bay):

https://stateparks.utah.gov/2020/03/16/c...9-updates/
(04-17-2020, 08:08 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: List updated at 1:53 PM today.  The two that I am most interested in are open (Utah Lake and Willard Bay):

https://stateparks.utah.gov/2020/03/16/c...9-updates/

you should beable to get your Idaho license
(04-17-2020, 07:50 PM)liketrolling Wrote: I heard that on the radio coming home from Utah Lake so going to  SCOFIELD tomorrow my son wants to go there. just looking at this, does not look like it has benn updated at 1:49 PM

https://www.weatherbug.com/weather-camera/?cam=SCBSA
you will be ice fishing and only utah / carbon county res.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(04-17-2020, 08:31 PM)liketrolling Wrote: you should beable to get your Idaho license

I don't see any change in the Idaho rules of not allowing the sale of fishing licenses to nonresidents.  Why do you think otherwise?
Yuba here I come!!
yuba thats a surprise are you expecting walleyes?  Its been awhile.
Eyes cats wiper... carp! Yuba never let's me down!
Anyone know if this means the summit county reservoirs (deer creek, jordanelle, strawberry) are open or were these the ones still closed? I couldn't find clarification on those
Okay folks - before you get out the celebration champagne, ONLY 20 parks are OPEN to ALL.  The other 24 parks are still open ONLY to their counties residents.  You can see what is, and what is NOT, open at this time.  East Canyon, Echo, and Rockport are still closed to non-county residents.  In the North, Bear Lake, Hyrum, Utah Lake, Willard, & Yuba are all OPEN to ALL visitors.  Several more in the South.  Go here - State Parks COVID-19 Updates - and scroll DOWN to see which parks are open and which are still closed.   Big Grin

(04-17-2020, 09:21 PM)jbob81 Wrote: Anyone know if this means the summit county reservoirs (deer creek, jordanelle, strawberry) are open or were these the ones still closed? I couldn't find clarification on those

Deer Creek & Jordanelle - still closed.  And for the one thousandth time, Strawberry is NOT a state park! And before somebody asks, neither is Pineview.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(04-17-2020, 09:21 PM)jbob81 Wrote: Anyone know if this means the summit county reservoirs (deer creek, jordanelle, strawberry) are open or were these the ones still closed? I couldn't find clarification on those

And to add to Bob's answer all three of those bodies of water are in Wasatch County.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(04-17-2020, 07:31 PM)Totallyswede Wrote: Gov tweeted to open to all  see https://twitter.com/UtahCoronavirus/stat...71808?s=20

Just saw that on the news, thats great.
(04-17-2020, 09:29 PM)dubob Wrote: And for the one thousandth time, Strawberry is NOT a state park!

Bob, you exaggerate.  This has only been asked 900 times. Wink
(04-17-2020, 09:29 PM)dubob Wrote: Okay folks - before you get out the celebration champagne, ONLY 20 parks are OPEN to ALL.  The other 24 parks are still open ONLY to their counties residents.  You can see what is, and what is NOT, open at this time.  East Canyon, Echo, and Rockport are still closed to non-county residents.  In the North, Bear Lake, Hyrum, Utah Lake, Willard, & Yuba are all OPEN to ALL visitors.  Several more in the South.  Go here - State Parks COVID-19 Updates - and scroll DOWN to see which parks are open and which are still closed.   Big Grin

Deer Creek & Jordanelle - still closed.  And for the one thousandth time, Strawberry is NOT a state park! And before somebody asks, neither is Pineview.
(04-17-2020, 09:29 PM)dubob Wrote: Okay folks - before you get out the celebration champagne, ONLY 20 parks are OPEN to ALL.  The other 24 parks are still open ONLY to their counties residents.  You can see what is, and what is NOT, open at this time.  East Canyon, Echo, and Rockport are still closed to non-county residents.  In the North, Bear Lake, Hyrum, Utah Lake, Willard, & Yuba are all OPEN to ALL visitors.  Several more in the South.  Go here - State Parks COVID-19 Updates - and scroll DOWN to see which parks are open and which are still closed.   Big Grin

Deer Creek and Jordanelle are NOT closed, they are only closed to Non Wasatch County residents. If you live in Wasatch County you can go to Deer Creek, Jordanelle, Strawberry, National Forest lands and any other public lands to recreate. This has nothing to do with whether it is a State Park or not. Right now all of Wasatch County is closed to Non residents of that County for any recreational purpose including boating, fishing, camping, snowmobiling, biking etc. If you live in another county, they don't want you there and you can be cited. I understand the frustration because those 3 bodies of water are my go to ponds and I live only a few miles from the Wasatch County line but that is the order from the Wasatch County Health Department so legally I cannot go to that county to recreate in any way right now. It was just extended until May 1st.

Here is a link to the order: http://coronavirus.wasatch.utah.gov/Port...0_2020.pdf
I just talked to the Park Ranger at Deer Creek and she said Summit and Wasatch county parks are still closed until 1 May unless things change.
(04-17-2020, 10:10 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 09:29 PM)dubob Wrote: And for the one thousandth time, Strawberry is NOT a state park!
Bob, you exaggerate.  This has only been asked 900 times. Wink

Oops!  My bad.  I must have miscounted.  Big Grin

(04-17-2020, 10:16 PM)FishfulThinkin Wrote:

Deer Creek and Jordanelle are NOT closed, they are only closed to Non Wasatch County residents. If you live in Wasatch County you can go to Deer Creek, Jordanelle, Strawberry, National Forest lands and any other public lands to recreate. This has nothing to do with whether it is a State Park or not. Right now all of Wasatch County is closed to Non residents of that County for any recreational purpose including boating, fishing, camping, snowmobiling, biking etc. If you live in another county, they don't want you there and you can be cited. I understand the frustration because those 3 bodies of water are my go to ponds and I live only a few miles from the Wasatch County line but that is the order from the Wasatch County Health Department so legally I cannot go to that county to recreate in any way right now. It was just extended until May 1st.

Here is a link to the order: http://coronavirus.wasatch.utah.gov/Port...0_2020.pdf

Okay, I freely admit that technically you are 100% correct.  But since the populatiom of Utah is ≈ 3.29 million and the population of Wasatch County is ≈ 35 thousand, that would mean that for 98.9% of the population of Utah, those three are for all intent and purposes are closed for the vast majority of the folks.  In the case of answering jbob81's post, I'm 98.9% certain I gave him the correct answer.  It would appear that my answer is correct for you also.  Had you or anybody else gone to the link I provided above, you or they would have seen the status of Deer Creek & Jordanelle - closed to non-county residents.  Strawberry - for the 901 time (corrected by Kent  Wink ) is NOT a state park and would not be listed at the link I provided.

I do my very best to provide correct information to as many folks as I can.  I think I came very close to doing it this time, but did miss the mark slightly.  I stand corrected - TECHNICALLY Deer Creek & Jordanelle are not 'closed'.  Tight lines to all y'all on whatever body of water you can legally fish.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Great news that we can fish some state parks!!!!