Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
state parks open, YEEHAW
Not all parks are open to all people.  Generally speaking the parks on the eastern side of the state are still open to that counties residents only.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=2277...7215677983

(04-17-2020, 07:49 PM)Riffle Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 07:31 PM)Totallyswede Wrote: Gov tweeted to open to all  see https://twitter.com/UtahCoronavirus/stat...71808?s=20

This is from Utah State Parks website:Updated: 04/17/2020; 1:30 p.m. Park Open: Parks open to all visitors — except those state parks under local health order restrictions. Exception seems to be state parks under local health order restrictions. Not sure what this list is.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=2277...7215677983

(04-17-2020, 09:29 PM)dubob Wrote: Okay folks - before you get out the celebration champagne, ONLY 20 parks are OPEN to ALL.  The other 24 parks are still open ONLY to their counties residents.  You can see what is, and what is NOT, open at this time.  East Canyon, Echo, and Rockport are still closed to non-county residents.  In the North, Bear Lake, Hyrum, Utah Lake, Willard, & Yuba are all OPEN to ALL visitors.  Several more in the South.  Go here - State Parks COVID-19 Updates - and scroll DOWN to see which parks are open and which are still closed.   Big Grin

(04-17-2020, 09:21 PM)jbob81 Wrote: Anyone know if this means the summit county reservoirs (deer creek, jordanelle, strawberry) are open or were these the ones still closed? I couldn't find clarification on those

Deer Creek & Jordanelle - still closed.  And for the one thousandth time, Strawberry is NOT a state park! And before somebody asks, neither is Pineview.

According to the map I am seeing, East Canyon, in Morgan county IS open to out of county residents.  I don't want to upset you and have your font get any bigger or brighter, and you do provide a lot of accurate information, but, I think we can go to East Canyon.  Which is noce because there is a lot of shoreline to spread out on at EC.
(04-18-2020, 12:23 PM)Gone Forever Wrote: According to the map I am seeing, East Canyon, in Morgan county IS open to out of county residents.  I don't want to upset you and have your font get any bigger or brighter, and you do provide a lot of accurate information, but, I think we can go to East Canyon.  Which is noce because there is a lot of shoreline to spread out on at EC.

That is a change from yesterday when I looked at this link: State Parks COVID-19 Updates

Yesterday I counted 20 open parks; today there are 21 open state parks.  So, this listing could be changing rapidly.  If your go to park is closed today, it might open in a day or 10.  Might be good to bookmark & check the list on a regular basis.

And I learned something new today that a lot of us missed previously - Willard Bay State Park does, in fact, partially include Weber County within its border.  Assuming that the map for the park shown on the Willard Bay State Park specific website
(https://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/willard-bay/map/) is correct, the border (green line in the picture below) does cover part of Weber County.  I did not know that before today.  Here's a picture of the part of the map showing the southern border of Willard Bay State Park (click the picture to enlarge).

[Image: Willard-Bay-map.jpg]  

Which one of you said I was too old to learn?   Big Grin 
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(04-18-2020, 01:20 PM)dubob Wrote: Which one of you said I was too old to learn?
It wernt me,I know you can teach an old dog new tricks, I learn all the time to Wink
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Bob, I've told you a million times not to axaggerate!
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(04-18-2020, 12:11 AM)dubob Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 10:10 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 09:29 PM)dubob Wrote: And for the one thousandth time, Strawberry is NOT a state park!

Bob, you exaggerate.  This has only been asked 900 times. Wink

Oops!  My bad.  I must have miscounted.  Big Grin

(04-17-2020, 10:16 PM)FishfulThinkin Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 09:29 PM)dubob Wrote: Okay folks - before you get out the celebration champagne, ONLY 20 parks are OPEN to ALL.  The other 24 parks are still open ONLY to their counties residents.  You can see what is, and what is NOT, open at this time.  East Canyon, Echo, and Rockport are still closed to non-county residents.  In the North, Bear Lake, Hyrum, Utah Lake, Willard, & Yuba are all OPEN to ALL visitors.  Several more in the South.  Go here - State Parks COVID-19 Updates - and scroll DOWN to see which parks are open and which are still closed.   Big Grin

(04-17-2020, 09:21 PM)jbob81 Wrote: Anyone know if this means the summit county reservoirs (deer creek, jordanelle, strawberry) are open or were these the ones still closed? I couldn't find clarification on those

Deer Creek & Jordanelle - still closed.  And for the one thousandth time, Strawberry is NOT a state park! And before somebody asks, neither is Pineview.

Deer Creek and Jordanelle are NOT closed, they are only closed to Non Wasatch County residents. If you live in Wasatch County you can go to Deer Creek, Jordanelle, Strawberry, National Forest lands and any other public lands to recreate. This has nothing to do with whether it is a State Park or not. Right now all of Wasatch County is closed to Non residents of that County for any recreational purpose including boating, fishing, camping, snowmobiling, biking etc. If you live in another county, they don't want you there and you can be cited. I understand the frustration because those 3 bodies of water are my go to ponds and I live only a few miles from the Wasatch County line but that is the order from the Wasatch County Health Department so legally I cannot go to that county to recreate in any way right now. It was just extended until May 1st.

Here is a link to the order: http://coronavirus.wasatch.utah.gov/Port...0_2020.pdf

Okay, I freely admit that technically you are 100% correct.  But since the populatiom of Utah is ≈ 3.29 million and the population of Wasatch County is ≈ 35 thousand, that would mean that for 98.9% of the population of Utah, those three are for all intent and purposes are closed for the vast majority of the folks.  In the case of answering jbob81's post, I'm 98.9% certain I gave him the correct answer.  It would appear that my answer is correct for you also.  Had you or anybody else gone to the link I provided above, you or they would have seen the status of Deer Creek & Jordanelle - closed to non-county residents.  Strawberry - for the 901 time (corrected by Kent  Wink ) is NOT a state park and would not be listed at the link I provided.

I do my very best to provide correct information to as many folks as I can.  I think I came very close to doing it this time, but did miss the mark slightly.  I stand corrected - TECHNICALLY Deer Creek & Jordanelle are not 'closed'.  Tight lines to all y'all on whatever body of water you can legally fish.

As far as I'm concerned Bob, you're 100% accurate as usual! Dodgy  FYI: I'm not a wasatch county resident. 

One question though. I didn't see Starvation State Park on the list of open parks in the link. I also do not see Duchesne county listed in the counties with special orders since Starvation is in Duchesne county.  Any idea if Starvation is open to nonresidents of Duchesne county?
Sunrise on the water
(04-17-2020, 09:29 PM)dubob Wrote: And for the one thousandth time, Strawberry is NOT a state park!

Deer Creek and Jordanelle are NOT closed, they are only closed to Non Wasatch County residents. If you live in Wasatch County you can go to Deer Creek, Jordanelle, Strawberry, National Forest lands and any other public lands to recreate. This has nothing to do with whether it is a State Park or not. Right now all of Wasatch County is closed to Non residents of that County for any recreational purpose including boating, fishing, camping, snowmobiling, biking etc. If you live in another county, they don't want you there and you can be cited. I understand the frustration because those 3 bodies of water are my go to ponds and I live only a few miles from the Wasatch County line but that is the order from the Wasatch County Health Department so legally I cannot go to that county to recreate in any way right now. It was just extended until May 1st.

Here is a link to the order: http://coronavirus.wasatch.utah.gov/Port...0_2020.pdf

Okay, I freely admit that technically you are 100% correct.  But since the populatiom of Utah is ≈ 3.29 million and the population of Wasatch County is ≈ 35 thousand, that would mean that for 98.9% of the population of Utah, those three are for all intent and purposes are closed for the vast majority of the folks.  In the case of answering jbob81's post, I'm 98.9% certain I gave him the correct answer.  It would appear that my answer is correct for you also.  Had you or anybody else gone to the link I provided above, you or they would have seen the status of Deer Creek & Jordanelle - closed to non-county residents.  Strawberry - for the 901 time (corrected by Kent  Wink ) is NOT a state park and would not be listed at the link I provided.

I do my very best to provide correct information to as many folks as I can.  I think I came very close to doing it this time, but did miss the mark slightly.  I stand corrected - TECHNICALLY Deer Creek & Jordanelle are not 'closed'.  Tight lines to all y'all on whatever body of water you can legally fish.

Talked to Deer Creek Park ranger yesterday and she did Say Deer Creek and Jordenelle are closed to non residents of Wasatch county until the first so things may have changed since yesterday afternoon, I think I would call them before making a trek down that way. Just saying.
(04-18-2020, 03:05 PM)WET1 Wrote:

As far as I'm concerned Bob, you're 100% accurate as usual! Dodgy  FYI: I'm not a wasatch county resident. 

One question though. I didn't see Starvation State Park on the list of open parks in the link. I also do not see Duchesne county listed in the counties with special orders since Starvation is in Duchesne county.  Any idea if Starvation is open to nonresidents of Duchesne county?
Information on StarvationNOTICE:  Fred Hayes State Park at Starvation is currently open only to residents of Duchesne County per local public health order. Visit the Utah State Parks COVID-19 webpage for updated information.
(04-18-2020, 03:05 PM)WET1 Wrote: One question though. I didn't see Starvation State Park on the list of open parks in the link. I also do not see Duchesne county listed in the counties with special orders since Starvation is in Duchesne county.  Any idea if Starvation is open to nonresidents of Duchesne county?

There is a reason you didn't see 'Starvation State Park' on the list.  A state park by that name does not exist in Utah.  The park you want to look for is called 'Fred Hayes State Park At Starvation'.  Don't ask!   Confused

It is 'OPEN' - to Duchesne County residents only.  So its closed for you Todd - and 99.5% of the states population.  Howmydoin' Fishful - better?   Big Grin

Just pullin' your 6 foot long chain a little Bro (social distancing rule - don't cha know) - love ya man!  
Heart
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(04-17-2020, 09:15 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: yuba thats a surprise are you expecting walleyes?  Its been awhile.
That's what I was thinking, too.  My current boat is 15 years old and hasn't been on Yuba.  It's probably been 20 years since I've caught a walleye there.
Single main, no kicker. Wink
You guys got me all excited!   Tongue

But in checking further, some of the State Parks folks above said are open, are not, unless u live in that county.
2 I checked are East Canyon & Willard, since they are close enough to me.  (I live in Davis)  Those two are only open to residents right now according to info each Parks page links to. (Which could be inaccurate.)

I’ll tell u where where to find the county specific info I’m referring to, which conflicts with info at that Covid link Bob shared.  So from that page https://stateparks.utah.gov/2020/03/16/c...9-updates/, go to list of Parks.  Click link to Willard or East Canyon which will take u to the official Parks page.  On that page click the link that says: Buy your single day-use pass Online Here.  That takes you to the order page that says: open to county residents only.

Now obviously its possible they have not been keeping those Event Bright pages updated.  Check others that on the list say “open” and don’t indicate county residents only and I think you’ll find the same thing.  So confusing because that makes like 3 different sources with different answers.  

So check b4 you go. 
Confused  And let me know if that info is not correct, cuz if Willard and East Canyon are open, I’ll be heading over to one of them next week.

OK so that might have been a whole lot of typing for nothing.

Just called East Canyon and voice mail said twice it’s open to ALL.  So at least on that one, the info was wrong.
We just returned from Willard Bay. We went in at the south marina, the state employee did a complete Invasive species question routine, checked my AIS annual certificate, checked my annual state park pass, asked what body of water the boat had been in last (Bear River), and my Zip code. 
The big lighted sign that was down near the first entry gate has been removed. The sign just in the front of the pay shack that said "Box Elder County residents only" was still there, but the very nice, very professional lady said that her boss had just 5 minutes earlier called her and told her the park is now open to ALL users. She said she knew what the Gov had said last night, but had to wait for the "official chain of command trickle down" from her boss before she could pull the sign, and she just had not had the chance yet. We were the second rig thru the gate at that time with several behind us, and she was doing her best to get people checked in first, then would remove the sign. 

So we were on the water about 9:30.  And the wife ended up out fishin me by 1 nice Cat. Smile

I was skunked..............Cry
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
some one called me and said Deer Creek was open to every one but Jordanelle was closed.
I told him Last night it looked like it was closed.   
so what is going on. they better open everything up, because no one will know what is going on.
Ya, I have customers calling me from all over the state and I asking what is open and closed.  I have resorted to telling them that things are so Confused that "I am not a Lawyer, I just play one on TV", then do the best I can at answering their questions.  LOL
(04-18-2020, 03:45 PM)dubob Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 03:05 PM)WET1 Wrote: One question though. I didn't see Starvation State Park on the list of open parks in the link. I also do not see Duchesne county listed in the counties with special orders since Starvation is in Duchesne county.  Any idea if Starvation is open to nonresidents of Duchesne county?

There is a reason you didn't see 'Starvation State Park' on the list.  A state park by that name does not exist in Utah.  The park you want to look for is called 'Fred Hayes State Park At Starvation'.  Don't ask!   Confused

It is 'OPEN' - to Duchesne County residents only.  So its closed for you Todd - and 99.5% of the states population.  Howmydoin' Fishful - better?   Big Grin

Just pullin' your 6 foot long chain a little Bro (social distancing rule - don't cha know) - love ya man!  
Heart

Thanks Bob. That blew up my last idea to get out and chase some walleye. I guess I'll just keep working with the voodoo doll trying to make him re-open Powell.
Sunrise on the water
A friend just texted me saying that the county resident requirement has been lifted.  Is that true?
Single main, no kicker. Wink
(04-19-2020, 02:35 PM)Paddler Wrote: A friend just texted me saying that the county resident requirement has been lifted.  Is that true?

the only thing I know is what shows open here
https://stateparks.utah.gov/2020/03/16/c...9-updates/
looks like Willard Bay  is open to every one so will go there Monday.
and OTTER CREEK Thursday.   
Ice should be off Soldier Creek soon if we can fish there  that is what I'm waiting for.
Look here for the answer: https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1095089

(04-19-2020, 03:03 PM)liketrolling Wrote: looks like Willard Bay  is open to every one so will go there Monday.  and OTTER CREEK Thursday.

You're good to go on both Robert.  I'll be at Willard myself this next week.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(04-17-2020, 08:31 PM)liketrolling Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 08:08 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: List updated at 1:53 PM today.  The two that I am most interested in are open (Utah Lake and Willard Bay):

https://stateparks.utah.gov/2020/03/16/c...9-updates/

you should beable to get your Idaho license

No out of state licenses sold from Idaho right now.  Hoping it changes really soon.
Do your home work. While many bodies of water have a camping area and boat launch that are state owned, the rest of the lake can be owned by many different interests public and private.

Many have back roads where the state has no say so. ONX maps is a great tool to use for this kind of thing.

Don't let anybody buffalo you, but be respectful while you stand your ground,,and be safe.
(04-20-2020, 02:08 AM)castnshoot Wrote: Do your home work. While many bodies of water have a camping area and boat launch that are state owned, the rest of the lake can be owned by many different interests public and private.

Many have back roads where the state has no say so. ONX maps is a great tool to use for this kind of thing.

Don't let anybody buffalo you, but be respectful while you stand your ground,,and be safe.

I just checked the maps of the 22 State Parks that are still Open for county residents only.  For those State Parks that have water, in that list of 22, only ONE does not include the complete lake within the boundary lines - Millsite State Park.  It appears that your definition of 'many' is not the same as mine. There are a couple more State Parks in the 21 that are open; Bear Lake and Utah Lake come to mind. But 3 (maybe 4) out of 43 still doesn't qualify as many for me. Just sayin'.   Angel
Bob Hicks, from Utah