Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard, Mantua Drive By
I was getrting stir crazy not leaving the house for over a month.<br />
Gave Lee's Marine a call to see it they were open for business.<br />
They were so I hooked up the boat and headed up to Hyrum for some spring boat repairs.<br />
<br />
It was kind of erie to look out at Willard Bay and see only one boat docked in the South Marina and <br />
one float tube on the water.<br />
<br />
As I passed by Mantua, I could only see one boat on the water.<br />
<br />
I know it's still early and a lot of us are still staying home but it sure looked odd to see so little usage on these waters.<br />
I hope this all will end soon.<br />
<br />
Stay safe and stay strong everyone.
(04-22-2020, 03:30 AM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote: I was getrting stir crazy not leaving the house for over a month.<br />
Gave Lee's Marine a call to see it they were open for business.<br />
They were so I hooked up the boat and headed up to Hyrum for some spring boat repairs.<br />
<br />
It was kind of erie to look out at Willard Bay and see only one boat docked in the South Marina and <br />
one float tube on the water.<br />
<br />
As I passed by Mantua, I could only see one boat on the water.<br />
<br />
I know it's still early and a lot of us are still staying home but it sure looked odd to see so little usage on these waters.<br />
I hope this all will end soon.<br />
<br />
Stay safe and stay strong everyone.

I plan on putting my boat on the water for the first time this year on Willard in the morning.  [Image: Crestliner-going-into-her-20th-season.jpg]
Ya know I ran past Newton last weekend and couldn't believe all the folks and boats on that pond.  I was pretty blown away that there were so many people out...  Figured I'd been missing out on something from the looks of the crowd..  Cutler has been hopping every night this week so far as well... Guess folks need to get out... Most are recreating with power boats and such, but there's plenty fishing too... Will be nice when this all blows over so we can get back to normal and not have to worry about catching a bug..  One thing I do like about this telework routine though, it's sure nice to be done with work early enough I still have time to do things at night... instead of commuting... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(04-22-2020, 04:12 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: One thing I do like about this telework routine though, it's sure nice to be done with work early enough I still have time to do things at night... instead of commuting... Later Jeff

I'm not familiar with those two words Jeff,  Are they new slang for something?
[Image: 6HsaTAX.gif]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
One of these years I'll forget what those words are too, but for now the chains are still on. But is nice to have a little more time, even if my wife is filling it with new projects. Kept me busy past dark last night so no fishing yesterday. Maybe tonight, little cement to run and finish woodwork and I'm back after the cats. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!